BOTB: Metallica vs. The Smiths--Metallica Wins! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BOTB: Metallica vs. The Smiths--Metallica Wins!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Opening Round Match Up

Poll ended at Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:43 pm

Metallica
83%
The Smiths
17%

Total votes : 41

Postby mysticphysh » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:46 am

I really dont understand this whole sell out thing :-?

The only thing they did differently was after they finally made their first video for One, they realized they could make more $$$ by making videos. If making money doing what you love is selling out, then I'd sell out every day if I could! :-b
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:58 am

mysticphysh wrote:I really dont understand this whole sell out thing :-?

The only thing they did differently was after they finally made their first video for One, they realized they could make more $$$ by making videos. If making money doing what you love is selling out, then I'd sell out every day if I could! :-b

I don't give a damn about "selling out" ... that's just music elitest talk. :-b

I just care because after Justice, everything pretty much sucked. A few mixrd decent songs, but mostly the band was a shadow of its former self.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:29 am

Metallica hands down
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:10 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:The last three or four CDs have been crap, but still Metallica.

Master of Puppets + Black Album = plenty of hours spent listening ;-D

anything after And Justice for all....was a sell out by Metallica. I still went with Metallica.

What MSB said. Metallica has been dead to me ever since the Black album. I have to give them the nod soley because of the 4 masterpieces they put out in the 80's.

I have no idea why the Smith's even made it in this thing. :-?

Because the organizers all seem to have a thing for crappy 80's Emo bands...i'm suprised Echo and the Bunnymen didnt get in somehow

i'm just going to convince myself St. Anger never existed and rank my top Metallica Albums

Master of Puppets
Ride The Lightning
And Justice For All
Black Album
Load
Kill Em All
Garage Days
Symphony Sessions
ReLoad
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:21 am

This'll probably be the only time I vote Metallica. I mean really, who would you vote for?

This?

or This?

You be the judge. :-D
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:22 am

Old Metallica > New Metallica

but

Any Metallica >>> The Smiths
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby The_Dude » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:10 am

I'm not a Smiths fan, but I can't in good conscience vote for a bunch of (insert expletive) sellouts like Metallica.

Lars can kiss The Dude's big white arse.

EDIT: A little more about selling out. Selling out to me has nothing to do with the change in Metallica's music. Selling out to me has to do with Metallica spear-heading the campaign against Napster/file-sharing/etc. and Lars giving the most arrogant/pompous/a-hole interview I've ever seen in a MTV special in 2000-01 on Napster.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:20 am

The_Dude wrote:I'm not a Smiths fan, but I can't in good conscience vote for a bunch of (insert expletive) sellouts like Metallica.

Lars can kiss The Dude's big white arse.

EDIT: A little more about selling out. Selling out to me has nothing to do with the change in Metallica's music. Selling out to me has to do with Metallica spear-heading the campaign against Napster/file-sharing/etc. and Lars giving the most arrogant/pompous/a-hole interview I've ever seen in a MTV special in 2000-01 on Napster.

This poll isn't about whether you like the way band members conduct themselves, or their politics or any of that nonsense. It's whether one band is musically superior to another band. In this case it's clear which band is superior. If you even liked Metallica's music prior to the Napster debacle, and didn't care for the Smith's either way, the vote should go to Metallica. I hate these guys now as much asthe next guy, but musically they (used to) rock.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Dude » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:22 am

Sixxgunn wrote:This poll isn't about whether you like the way band members conduct themselves, or their politics or any of that nonsense. It's whether one band is musically superior to another band. In this case it's clear which band is superior. If you even liked Metallica's music prior to the Napster debacle, and didn't care for the Smith's either way, the vote should go to Metallica. I hate these guys now as much asthe next guy, but musically they (used to) rock.

That's utter BS... I can vote how I damn well choose to vote. I accepted this long ago when all the wrong people won in the Greatest Historical Figure Tournament.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:24 am

The_Dude wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:This poll isn't about whether you like the way band members conduct themselves, or their politics or any of that nonsense. It's whether one band is musically superior to another band. In this case it's clear which band is superior. If you even liked Metallica's music prior to the Napster debacle, and didn't care for the Smith's either way, the vote should go to Metallica. I hate these guys now as much asthe next guy, but musically they (used to) rock.

That's utter BS... I can vote how I damn well choose to vote. I accepted this long ago when Julius Caesar lost in the Greatest Historical Figure Tournament.

Fixed that for you. ;-)
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk