Ahman Green still have any gas left? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green still have any gas left?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ahman Green still have any gas left?

Postby dcskater619 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:01 pm

What do you guys think of Ahman Green this year? He's actually one of my sleepers, even with gado and davenport behind him. What are any projections or thoughts u guys have? thanks a lot!
dcskater619
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby MrTwo94 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:08 pm

He should have some gas left consider he has less career carries than Tiki but GB has lost just about every offensive lineman they had in the last two years.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:05 pm

I seem to like him more than most. He will start and put up good RB3 for as long as he stays healthy. That of course is the iffy part, and why hes probably a pretty decent RB3 and a very good RB4.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Infidel » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:31 pm

I really like him this year assuming he is healthy. The O line will be significantly improved. The new zone (Denver-esque) blocking scheme fits his talents. Huge improvements of D will allow for a more run first O. Only significant injury he has had in his career was last year. Low mileage given age. I think he is a RB 3-4 draft position who could put up #2 or even 1 #'s. Unfortunately I live in WI and he will not last to where I would like to draft him.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JEWMAH9701 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:49 am

I think Ahman Green holds great value as a RB3. He is still decently young and doesn't have all of the carries on his body that most RBs his age do.
JEWMAH9701
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Champion

Postby CC » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:27 am

If you get him as a 2nd or 3rd back in the 5th you are bound to likely have 3 or 4 studs at other positions and he will easily be good enough to make that decision worthwhile.

(Example: In Mock II pre-NFL Draft, I grabbed Ahman as my 2nd back and had Ronnie Brown, TO, Antonio Gates, and McNabb as my first 4 picks, I really like that combination with decent RBs and studs at all the other positions.)
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby robnestrick » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:54 am

As long as he comes back from his injury... he's a solid #2 back... GB has fixed up the defense so that a running game will be possible (not going to throw 40 times a game). Also, the offense is set and barring any injuries should be able to get a rhythm. Lastly, the zone blocking scheme being brought in will demonstrate and allow A.Green to use his skills as well as possible.

I see a nice year from A.Green and he also has to work his butt off because he needs a new contract :)
robnestrick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:30 am

The wildcard in my mind is how they plan on using him. Do they go back to using Davenport between the 40s again? And more importantly, what role will Gado play? If Green gets the redzone love, he gets my love......er, I mean fantasy love......uh...no, not like that, I mean...Ah forget it.

I think he will be a good value pick this season.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:42 pm

Have to watch that thigh in training camp and going into the preseason. If you don't see any redlights, then all is go for Ahman. Great value pick at RB30..
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby dcskater619 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:40 am

i just picked him up as my flex spot in a league here at the cafe in the late 6th round ;-D
dcskater619
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Basketball

Next

Return to Football Talk