Ahman Green still have any gas left? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green still have any gas left?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:20 am

dcskater619 wrote:i just picked him up as my flex spot in a league here at the cafe in the late 6th round ;-D

I just got him in the 12th round of a 14 team league. Gado went in the 6th.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:37 pm

michaelavelli wrote:
dcskater619 wrote:i just picked him up as my flex spot in a league here at the cafe in the late 6th round ;-D

:-? :-? :-?

Dont count on that happening too often... ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:38 pm

terpfan wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:

:-? :-? :-?

Dont count on that happening too often... ;-)

Well it's also an IDP league. But yeah, it's still gross.
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:47 pm

Actually Gado is taking all of the first-team reps right now and when Ahman is healthy again, he'll have to battle for the starting position. McCarthy has said there will be open competition for the starting RB spot, and no matter who wins, they'll still take the RBBC approach.

Taking Ahman right now is awfully risky. If, however, he returns to form, wins the starting job, and is able to convince McCarthy that he can be effective with 25 carries a game, then he might make a good pick. But right now there are too many if's.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:14 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:Actually Gado is taking all of the first-team reps right now and when Ahman is healthy again, he'll have to battle for the starting position. McCarthy has said there will be open competition for the starting RB spot, and no matter who wins, they'll still take the RBBC approach.

Taking Ahman right now is awfully risky. If, however, he returns to form, wins the starting job, and is able to convince McCarthy that he can be effective with 25 carries a game, then he might make a good pick. But right now there are too many if's.

You're saying that McCarthy said that there will be open competition and RB AND they'll use a RBBC? Then what's the point of having a competition?
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:17 pm

michaelavelli wrote:You're saying that McCarthy said that there will be open competition and RB AND they'll use a RBBC? Then what's the point of having a competition?

To see who starts.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby michaelavelli » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:23 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:
michaelavelli wrote:You're saying that McCarthy said that there will be open competition and RB AND they'll use a RBBC? Then what's the point of having a competition?

To see who starts.

Seems like a silly thing to say. Do you have a quote? I just don't see him saying "We're going to go RBBC but have open competition to see who actually starts."
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:27 pm

Read it in an article about Gado.

But this all could also just be BS to keep Gado's focus on football. He's been quoted as saying he wants to be a doctor and do this and that and that he doesn't want to play football for very long.

So it's entirely possible that the McCarthy said that to appease Gado's competetive side and keep him focused on playing for the entire year.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby thelimey » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:49 pm

TheBigBakedBean wrote:Actually Gado is taking all of the first-team reps right now and when Ahman is healthy again, he'll have to battle for the starting position. McCarthy has said there will be open competition for the starting RB spot, and no matter who wins, they'll still take the RBBC approach.

This is pretty much how I am starting to see it as well. Gado (3 100 yd games and 7 tds in his last 8 games) has a massive headstart in learning the new system, one he is arguably more suited to than Green (3 100yd games and 5 tds in his last 19 games). Even IF Green is fit he'll have to earn his carries at the start of the season. I can also see the situation where even if he proves himself they'll limit Greens carries to avoid him being overused / getting injured. Plus you also have Davenport who'll also get carries. I'm starting to think we'll see something along the lines of a 13/9/4 split in carries.
thelimey
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:52 pm

thelimey wrote: I'm starting to think we'll see something along the lines of a 13/9/4 split in carries.

:-P
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk