Ahman Green still have any gas left? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ahman Green still have any gas left?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 pm

terpfan wrote:
thelimey wrote: I'm starting to think we'll see something along the lines of a 13/9/4 split in carries.

:-P

^^^^
That will have to do until we can get an icon that is outright puking.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby biju » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:32 pm

Has anyone heard anything more regarding Ahman Green? It seems to me that if he's healthy he should win the starting role but people seem convinced that Gado would be able to win if from him outright.

Anyone with more insight?
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Sp_Da_Man » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:13 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens with the RB position in GB this season.

As an outsider the thing I really noticed about GB last year before Green was hurt was how ineffective he was. He didn't have the burst anymore.
Sp_Da_Man
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fantasizing » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:16 pm

Sp_Da_Man wrote:
As an outsider the thing I really noticed about GB last year before Green was hurt was how ineffective he was. He didn't have the burst anymore.

That's what concerns me more than his tendency to get injured. Even a healthy Green didn't seem to be effective like he was in his monster season the year prior. I think GB will have a short leash on Green and pull him as soon as there's trouble.

Thing is...he's not that old....29..........
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby michaelavelli » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:13 pm

Coachspeak certainly, but for what it's worth:

Packers GM Ted Thompson says RBs Ahman Green (thigh) and Najeh Davenport (ankle) should be ready during the preseason.
"Ahman is doing outstanding and Najeh is doing very well," he said. "Sometime during the preseason, maybe not at the very start, we expect Najeh and Ahman to be back. We're going to try to be very cautious." Neither Green nor Davenport are worth much more than late-round picks in re-draft fantasy leagues.
Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
michaelavelli
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:20 pm

I found this on Ahman,

Packers GM Thompson updates injured players status
BOB McGINN
7/19/2006

With the first practice scheduled a week from Friday, the Packers appear enthusiastic about the condition of several veterans coming off injury.

One is linebacker Brady Poppinga, who underwent surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament Dec. 26.

"He's way ahead of schedule," Thompson said. "It will be dicey if he's ready to go the first week of training camp but, remarkably, we think he has a very, very good chance of being ready prior to the start of the (regular) season."

The prognosis also looks good for running backs Ahman Green, who underwent quadriceps surgery Oct. 25, and Najeh Davenport, who had ankle surgery Oct. 10.

"Ahman is doing outstanding and Najeh is doing very well," Thompson said. "Ahman is a workaholic. He's feeling really, really good. Sometime during the pre-season, maybe not at the very start, we expect Najeh and Ahman to be back. We're going to try to be very cautious."

http://www.jsonline.com/

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk