Yahoo Poker Leagues? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Yahoo Poker Leagues?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo Poker Leagues?

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:11 pm

Since it is free I was wondering about how things are in there...

Good Quality?

Anyone interested in a Cafe League?

Just some random thoughts.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:53 pm

They have leagues now?

I have played over there before, it was just free limit hold-em play money games. It was painful to play there since it's limit and play money every round of betting was capped. Plus, the graphics are ugly and the play is slowwwwwww. I'd rather study up on some of the new tax laws than play there again.

But I haven't heard of/played in any of the leagues. If this is a new feature, I will have to check it out and get back to ya TBM.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:51 pm

Maybe I will check it out tonight, but my initial though is that because it is 'play' money it is not really poker, it is just who happens to get the best cards.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 pm

dream_017 wrote:Maybe I will check it out tonight, but my initial though is that because it is 'play' money it is not really poker, it is just who happens to get the best cards.

How would it be different than real poker? You're still betting based on the cards in your hand. It's got to be harder to read people online, but you're still playing the cards.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:02 pm

knapplc wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Maybe I will check it out tonight, but my initial though is that because it is 'play' money it is not really poker, it is just who happens to get the best cards.

How would it be different than real poker? You're still betting based on the cards in your hand. It's got to be harder to read people online, but you're still playing the cards.

playing with real money and fake money arent even close. Its more about just who has the best cards because with fake money unless you are playing very serious its hard to bluff people off.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:35 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

playing with real money and fake money arent even close. Its more about just who has the best cards because with fake money unless you are playing very serious its hard to bluff people off.

Exactly - there's no risk of loss involved with play money, so no one plays the same as if it was real money involved. Since you aren't really losing anything, there's no reason not to call every hand down to the end.

It may be different if we set up a Cafe poker league since bragging rights would be up for grabs. I think it would be pretty cool to have weekly tournaments or something.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:38 pm

onnestabe wrote:
Crimedogg32 wrote:
knapplc wrote:

Exactly - there's no risk of loss involved with play money, so no one plays the same as if it was real money involved. Since you aren't really losing anything, there's no reason not to call every hand down to the end.

It may be different if we set up a Cafe poker league since bragging rights would be up for grabs. I think it would be pretty cool to have weekly tournaments or something.

id definitely be up for it. good thing it would have to be online b/c i have no poker face whatsoever :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:39 pm

I just looked at Yahoo's site, and the poker leagues are actually a pay-to-play feature :-t . So no dice on the poker league :,-(
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Return to General Talk