Yahoo "sticks it" to the free leagues - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo "sticks it" to the free leagues

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby mystykoekaki » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:54 pm

So if you run a free Yahoo! league, you can choose anytime for live draft in July?
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby programatik » Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:05 pm

they did this last year didnt they? All viable sunday / saturday spots were filled and no vacancies. as the season drew closer times started opening up.

if they do shut out free leagues from saturday / sunday, than depending on what my league chooses we may be playing elsewhere.
programatik
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:38 am

mystykoekaki wrote:So if you run a free Yahoo! league, you can choose anytime for live draft in July?

Weekends are available in July
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:39 am

programatik wrote:they did this last year didnt they? All viable sunday / saturday spots were filled and no vacancies. as the season drew closer times started opening up.

if they do shut out free leagues from saturday / sunday, than depending on what my league chooses we may be playing elsewhere.

I don't recall it being like this.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby RudyBlue » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:58 am

I've got some August week-end dates on a few of my leagues, but I signed up like almost the first day Yahoo opened Fantasy Football. And I'm poor, so I'm real, real grateful for what Yahoo offers for free. Me yahoo hobo too and proud of it!

Blue
RudyBlue
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:32 am

RudyBlue wrote:I've got some August week-end dates on a few of my leagues, but I signed up like almost the first day Yahoo opened Fantasy Football. And I'm poor, so I'm real, real grateful for what Yahoo offers for free. Me yahoo hobo too and proud of it!

Blue

Yeah we've got a weekend date in August as well. Looks like they must've just started this.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Gnu314 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:38 am

One of my private custom leagues has a draft on saturday night in August but I signed up the first day they were open. They probably just had a small number of weekend slots available.
Gnu314
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby petedog9 » Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:59 am

If its a serious league then $20-30 per player entry should not be too much to ask for months of enjoyment. Hell, we do $30 each and it covers teh site fee (RT sports) and a kicking draft / poker party which includes all the eats and drinks you can handle, trophies etc.

RT Sports stays active and accessible year round and gives our group an open forum to stay in touch and BS about anything year round... Definately worth it!! ;-D

I also join a "free" yahoo league but its definately second fiddle and rarely do all the members even care....
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bagobonez » Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:00 pm

I'm surprised yahoo does anything for free at all. They're pretty much the only service that does it for free anymore.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:02 am

It's like this every year. Times will open up as the summer progresses. They keep a certain amount of dates and times locked up for the pay leagues at first then open them up to the pubklic as the summer progresses. The time slots will be there just keep checking back.

But if you're doing it with a bunch of friends the best way is a live offline draft. So much fun. And you have to do your home work cause the computer isn't there to help you out.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk