"Cool" Parents - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

"Cool" Parents

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:57 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Or you could just tell your kids that drugs are bad and can easily be misused and can ruin your life forever.

I know I am young and misguided but, moon, how can you say that you would not care if your kid smoked pot during his teenage years...? It's your life/kids not mine im not trying to be a b**** about things but it just seems absurd.

You don't need drugs to make you cool or feel good... B-)


Yeah, I just noticed that. What the hell DB?! I hope that's a joke.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:17 pm

In response to moon's post:

Well actually I'm not going to make a comment on your post. I've gotten into way too many arguments about people misjudging me about my age and that I'm just a confused little boy and such. And the last time it happened it went too far and I do not want another warning. Go away pooface. :-X

In response to Omaha's first post:

I do understand where your coming from there...It's probobly just my age and the fact that so far in my life I've chosen not to do drugs /alcohol and that has forced my mind into thinking that everybody else should do that too because it's right. Which is wrong.

In response to Omaha's second post:

I assume you mean to quote the sig thing moon mentioned? Yeah it's a joke, I altered 'Cuna's sig but kept the theme of each line the same. I was clueless as to what to put about the peasant at the cafe so i altered it alot and made it fool and threw in a few names of people who are teased alot...sorry if it offended you moon. I'll take your name off, I suppose I'll just change that whole part of the sig. I doubt knapp cares he's cool, but oh well.
Image
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3415
Joined: 11 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Buffalo, MN

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:37 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:In response to Omaha's second post:

I assume you mean to quote the sig thing moon mentioned? Yeah it's a joke, I altered 'Cuna's sig but kept the theme of each line the same. I was clueless as to what to put about the peasant at the cafe so i altered it alot and made it fool and threw in a few names of people who are teased alot...sorry if it offended you moon. I'll take your name off, I suppose I'll just change that whole part of the sig. I doubt knapp cares he's cool, but oh well.


Well, I'm sure none of the 'regulars' probably do care if they know it's a joke, but I can see someone seeing 'moon's/knapp's a fool' on your sig, then not trust his FF advice.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby bagobonez » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:40 pm

moonhead wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Or you could just tell your kids that drugs are bad and can easily be misused and can ruin your life forever.

I know I am young and misguided but, moon, how can you say that you would not care if your kid smoked pot during his teenage years...? It's your life/kids not mine im not trying to be a b**** about things but it just seems absurd.

You don't need drugs to make you cool or feel good... B-)



take my name out of your sig. and when you grow up...maybe you'll understand that there are worse things for kids to be doing than puffing on a joint on the weekend.


Yeah, and there's better things too. You're essentially telling your kid it's ok to break the law if you're telling him it's ok to smoke pot. Then maybe he moves on to a heavier drug. I don't understand some people's line of thought.... :-t
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
Image
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4463
Joined: 23 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Atop my league's fantasy throne

Postby confused_jake » Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:49 pm

If the kids were like 16-17 i wouldnt have a problem with this, but they are 11-12. The reason i wouldn't have a problem with this is if the parents made them smoke it in their house. At least the parents would know that they kids arent getting pot laced with pcp or anything crazy like that and if they make sure they stay in the house and watch over them there isnt a chance of them doing anything too stupid.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1265
Joined: 1 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:14 pm

bagobonez wrote:
moonhead wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Or you could just tell your kids that drugs are bad and can easily be misused and can ruin your life forever.

I know I am young and misguided but, moon, how can you say that you would not care if your kid smoked pot during his teenage years...? It's your life/kids not mine im not trying to be a b**** about things but it just seems absurd.

You don't need drugs to make you cool or feel good... B-)



take my name out of your sig. and when you grow up...maybe you'll understand that there are worse things for kids to be doing than puffing on a joint on the weekend.


Yeah, and there's better things too. You're essentially telling your kid it's ok to break the law if you're telling him it's ok to smoke pot. Then maybe he moves on to a heavier drug. I don't understand some people's line of thought.... :-t


i'm sure you've never driven over the speed limit or without your safety belt on. look, i'm not going to sit here and argue my stance on drugs. most of you know what it is. and if you're confused PM me.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 pm

I agree that smoking pot isn't the worst thing in the world. In fact, I think many of the problems that come with pot could be solved through its legalization. But I also agree that parents shouldn't condone it, chiefly for the reasons Moon said.

At the same time, I don't think everyone should smoke. I personally don't (actually, never have). But that's my decision ... considering I go to SDSU, I can honestly say all of my friends smoke, my brother smokes, etc. And I don't have any issues with that.

Sometimes, pot can be just what a person needs to mellow them out. But pot can also f*** with a person's motivation, make them do stupid crap, could possibly lead to other drugs, etc.

Basically, pot is the ultimate "grey area." 11 and 12 is far too young for kids to start. But if an 18 year old wants to light up after a long shift of bussing tables, who cares?
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby knapplc » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:21 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:In response to moon's post:

Well actually I'm not going to make a comment on your post. I've gotten into way too many arguments about people misjudging me about my age and that I'm just a confused little boy and such. And the last time it happened it went too far and I do not want another warning. Go away pooface. :-X

In response to Omaha's first post:

I do understand where your coming from there...It's probobly just my age and the fact that so far in my life I've chosen not to do drugs /alcohol and that has forced my mind into thinking that everybody else should do that too because it's right. Which is wrong.

In response to Omaha's second post:

I assume you mean to quote the sig thing moon mentioned? Yeah it's a joke, I altered 'Cuna's sig but kept the theme of each line the same. I was clueless as to what to put about the peasant at the cafe so i altered it alot and made it fool and threw in a few names of people who are teased alot...sorry if it offended you moon. I'll take your name off, I suppose I'll just change that whole part of the sig. I doubt knapp cares he's cool, but oh well.


Cool? You're only as cool as your company, my friend. I hang with Moonhead.

I'm pretty sure that makes me cool. ;-D
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:42 pm

knapplc wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:In response to moon's post:

Well actually I'm not going to make a comment on your post. I've gotten into way too many arguments about people misjudging me about my age and that I'm just a confused little boy and such. And the last time it happened it went too far and I do not want another warning. Go away pooface. :-X

In response to Omaha's first post:

I do understand where your coming from there...It's probobly just my age and the fact that so far in my life I've chosen not to do drugs /alcohol and that has forced my mind into thinking that everybody else should do that too because it's right. Which is wrong.

In response to Omaha's second post:

I assume you mean to quote the sig thing moon mentioned? Yeah it's a joke, I altered 'Cuna's sig but kept the theme of each line the same. I was clueless as to what to put about the peasant at the cafe so i altered it alot and made it fool and threw in a few names of people who are teased alot...sorry if it offended you moon. I'll take your name off, I suppose I'll just change that whole part of the sig. I doubt knapp cares he's cool, but oh well.


Cool? You're only as cool as your company, my friend. I hang with Moonhead.

I'm pretty sure that makes me cool. ;-D


Puff, puff, give. :-°

Come on Knapp, pass to moon... :-°

:-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:31 am

moonhead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:there have to be limits to have a healthy relationship with a child or parent. there needs to be barriers. open dialogue is a good idea, but giving your child drugs is not healthy. i won't care if my kid is smoking a little bit of pot in highschool/college. i won't buy it or give it to them...but i know damn well that i'll talk with them about it. and make sure that they understand that it can control their life if they let it.



That's a pretty healthy outlook on the whole child/pot situation, Moon. You sure you're not holding back on us? Are you sure you're not a 40-year-old dad in a tweed vest? :-?


it's seersucker.


i'd have guessed houndstooth
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:36 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact