"Cool" Parents - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

"Cool" Parents

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Tiki » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:31 am

Too young IMO. And to smoke with your parents would be wierd....Something that I've alwyas hidden from them, I dunno it's odd. There is this one kid I know and we've smoked with his mom, it was awkward at first, but I don't know the kid to well so I was down. I don't see why people think weed is so damn bad...Plenty of potheads, stoners, mad buddah abusas contribute to society.
I see it as when I'm a parent I won't condone (sp?) smoking, but I won't completely preach against it either. I won't find it for them or buy it for them (That's creepy) but I won't care if I realize they are smoking weed. Atleast it's not meth or some other crazy ass drug. I've defended smoking before in here, and I'll I am gunna say is that the ganj isn't as bad as people make it out to be. Sure you'll do some stupid things, but you don't all sense of right and wrong. You know where you are, for the most part there are times, if you're an avid smoker you can do your job high, and you can play sports high. When I smoke I get a drive to do something majority of the time. Pick-up B-Ball, ultimate frisbee, football, lacrosse, and hacky sack all occur everyday in the summer with me high or not.
Focus on stuff that will kill a person and ruin their life, not something that has a potential to control your life...

LEGALIZE IT!
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:03 pm

I think pot is like alcohol. Most of the people who choose to do it are able to enjoy it's effects responsibly. The problems come when it starts to take over your life and you become dependent. I don't have a problem with people wanting to cut loose every once in a while, but you still have to be able to achieve your goals in life. Once it starts interfering with that, you have a problem.

For the record, I have never smoked pot, nor do I plan to(Getting into any kind of trouble with that would sink my career, since I am going to be a CPA one day), but I don't begrudge anyone who wishes to do it themselves.

The key in life is to be able to honestly evaluate yourself and your life and to be able to make the changes necessary to achieve your goals.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby CC » Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:00 pm

Everyone who hates on weed would be surprised at how many people they know and respect that have or currently smoked a fair amount of pot.

I don't care what people think of me, I like to puff a spliff a few times a month and I consider myself to be pretty damn smart and responsible.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk