Soccer violence videos - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Soccer violence videos

Moderator: Football Moderators

Soccer violence videos

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:49 pm

It's World Cup time... What better timing for a soccer violence videos!

See here and here

... Pretty disgraceful! (and we're not event talking about hooligans!)
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Charlie24 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:43 pm

the second video is better... but yeah I've seen some nasty s**t especially in argentina they're really crazy about their soccer there, especially when its River Plate Vs. Boca Juniors... maybe I can try to find some of those fights but I doubt it
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
Charlie24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby deluxe_247 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:53 pm

that second vid is solid. brings back some memories from when i played college soccer and was on both the giving and recieving ends of those kinds of blows. in my last season alone i made 3 trips to the emergency room after the games :-B i can say that i have never got in a fist fight with a ref like some of those guys :-o !+)

i just watched the italy/ghana game this morning...looking forward to some more world cup action ;-D
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Twisted Sister » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:20 pm

do you have any hooligan vids? Not a huge soccer fan... (in fact I rank it up there with watching golf/bowling)... but maybe I'll give it another try.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:28 pm

I thought those were going to be videos of hooliganism. A lot of those were just collisions in the normal play of soccer. Don't know if I would characterize that as "violence."
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:37 pm

The Lung wrote:I thought those were going to be videos of hooliganism. A lot of those were just collisions in the normal play of soccer. Don't know if I would characterize that as "violence."

did you watch the second one? a lot of fist fights. the first vid was fairly weak tho.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Tiki » Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:18 pm

Damn, don't think I've ever seen someone go nuts on the ref. like that! !+)
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:25 pm

Twisted Sister wrote:do you have any hooligan vids? Not a huge soccer fan... (in fact I rank it up there with watching golf/bowling)... but maybe I'll give it another try.

Here's one of the best I've found ... Those guys are just mad and stupid!

Another one with hooligans and players
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:20 am

The second vid in the original post has a pretty good kick to the head at the 1:34ish mark... Other than that it seems to prove that outside of kicking most soccer players fight like baseball players - poorly...

This post does remind me of back in the day when I lived two houses down from a large municipal soccer field and I would go and watch the games for the brawls ;-D

Absolute best brawl I ever saw was one Friday night in the 18-21yr-old Girls house league. I was on my way to a buddy's place and had to pass through the park to get there and I saw the guy that runs the place (opens the locker rooms and turns on/shuts down the lights etc) sitting in the parking lot in his office chair watching the action. We used to chat a bunch so I asked him what was up and he told me this matchup was the best fight game on the schedule - these two teams had multiple brawls in the last 3 games they played each other and if I wanted to see some action I should pull up a seat. Well, I definitely wanted to see a good cat fight, especially since a good number of the chicks were decently hot, so I called my buddy from the pay phone and told him to come on down.

What a good idea that was - about 10 minutes into the game some chick tries to make a slide-kick at the ball but misses with her foot and the ball ends up rolling up her body and stopping between her boobs and her chin. Of course this leads to an opposing player taking a full-swing boot at the ball and "missing" and kicking this chick right in the jaw!!! :-o This brings the mother (I think) of the victim out on the field, and she proceeds to grab the kicker by the hair and swing her around like a rag doll (big woman)! So next thing I know another player winds up and kicks the mother right in the crotch - I think we heard a slurping sound as the foot got stuck there the kick was so vicious...

From that point on all hell broke loose - players, parents, friends, coaches, refs - they were all going at it!! I must have seen a half dozen girls with shirts ripped off (too bad for sports bras - not much to see) and hair pulled out in chunks! It took like 8 cop cars and a paddy wagon before the thing was through.... ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Verdun Barbarians » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:04 am

lmcjaho wrote:What a good idea that was - about 10 minutes into the game some chick tries to make a slide-kick at the ball but misses with her foot and the ball ends up rolling up her body and stopping between her boobs and her chin. Of course this leads to an opposing player taking a full-swing boot at the ball and "missing" and kicking this chick right in the jaw!!! :-o This brings the mother (I think) of the victim out on the field, and she proceeds to grab the kicker by the hair and swing her around like a rag doll (big woman)! So next thing I know another player winds up and kicks the mother right in the crotch - I think we heard a slurping sound as the foot got stuck there the kick was so vicious...

From that point on all hell broke loose - players, parents, friends, coaches, refs - they were all going at it!! I must have seen a half dozen girls with shirts ripped off (too bad for sports bras - not much to see) and hair pulled out in chunks! It took like 8 cop cars and a paddy wagon before the thing was through.... ;-D

Quite a story!

What part of Montreal do you live in, 'cause I've never seen something like this! :-b

I played soccer for 10 years and I've never been involved in a brawl... I've seen plenty of cheap shots, a couple of fists been thrown around, but no brawl.

But I admit a full scale 18-21 years old girls brawl must have been quite a sight (... parents should have stayed out of it :-B )
Verdun Barbarians
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to General Talk