Soup or Salad?

Soup
43%
Salad
57%

Total votes : 30

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:29 am

knapplc wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:What no love for Cole slaw??

Cole Slaw is heinous. :-P

I like a good salad. I'm a soup snob, and usually restaurant soup is prepackaged garbage with too much salt and very little flavor. If it's made fresh I might try it, but there are only a few restaurants that I've seen where they make fresh soups.

It was a joke

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:31 am

mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:

I like a good salad. I'm a soup snob, and usually restaurant soup is prepackaged garbage with too much salt and very little flavor. If it's made fresh I might try it, but there are only a few restaurants that I've seen where they make fresh soups.

It was a joke

i like cole slaw. if it's good. home made. mmmmmmmmmm. but i can only eat a handful of it. just several bites. that's all i need.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:32 am

mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:

It was a joke

Well, I for one found it very offensive. Cole Slaw killed my pet Hamster Mr. Wibbles when I was a young knapplc.

Please, a moment of silence for Mr. Wibbles. :,-(
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:33 am

i'm going to have salad for lunch today.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am

knapplc wrote:

i actually like it, as long is it's good, but i mostly prefer it with a fish fry or some KFC. there's a really good Mexican place by me that serves their food with a side of Rice and a side of Cole Slaw instead of Refried Beans. i cant for the life of me figure out why, but it's dang good slaw
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:48 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

i actually like it, as long is it's good, but i mostly prefer it with a fish fry or some KFC. there's a really good Mexican place by me that serves their food with a side of Rice and a side of Cole Slaw instead of Refried Beans. i cant for the life of me figure out why, but it's dang good slaw

Mexican Fiesta??

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:01 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
knapplc wrote:

My biggest gripe against Cole Slaw is the texture. There's something about it that really, really turns me off. The flavor is usually not so good, either, but the texture is the thing. Bleh! :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 am

mutantseabass wrote:
knapplc wrote:

It was a joke

Sixxgunn wrote: "The last place I went had really terrible, salty soup, and it ruined everything!". So I lean toward the salad and think, "But the salads are usually nothing more than the limp, wilted bitter pieces of lettuce with a couple of rock hard croutons and a watery, bland vinegar & oil dressing!".

See? I'm not all bad! Just because I hate Rush doesn't mean I'm Satan's right hand man or anything. }:-) A Great man once said, food, beer and football can overcome all obstacles! Actually, that was me just now, but you get the point. ;-D
Last edited by Sixxgunn on Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby The_Dude » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:08 am

Sixxgunn wrote:Worst decision of the whole meal. I find myself breaking out in a cold sweat, gripped with indecision, thinking, "The last place I went had really terrible, salty soup, and it ruined everything!". So I lean toward the salad and think, "But the salads are usually nothing more than the limp, wilted bitter pieces of lettuce with a couple of rock hard croutons and a watery, bland vinegar & oil dressing!". Then I usually end up saying "Neither." and eat the bread. :-t But I suppose if I HAD to choose, I'd go salad over soup 80% of the time.

Great answer sixxgunn... my sentiments exactly.

A lot of it depends on the restaurant, and what I'm eating as a main course. I generally find soups more filling, so if I'm already about to eat a hearty meal, I prefer the salad, but if I'm at - say - a seafood restaurant and there's a nice clam chowder or seafood bisque, then there's no way I get the salad.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:11 am

Definitely soup for me. I don't like salad, never have. I don't mind lettuce on sandwiches, tacos, etc., but not alone. Had some really good cheesy enchilada soup the other day.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk