"i'm a MAC...and i'm a PC" - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

"i'm a MAC...and i'm a PC"

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:15 pm

I saw a new one today. They were both sitting in boxes. I thought it was retarded even though I own two.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:55 pm

Yah I saw that one too, pretty stupid compared to the others ones they made, but you've got to admit the ideas are good ;-D
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:05 am

citybirds27 wrote:Yah I saw that one too, pretty stupid compared to the others ones they made, but you've got to admit the ideas are good ;-D

No, they're not. It's just cheesy, unimaginative "slam" advertising.

Remember when commericals were about supporting YOUR product, not slamming your competition's? At least those are (mostly) bareable.

Now everytime I see a Pepsi commerical, or that one stupid energy drink commerical, it's just stupid.

"Oh, look! By using different sizes and amounts of 'coolness', I'm personifying my competitor's company to be inferior to mine! ROFL, D00dz!!!!!!111"

Furthermore, if Macintosh was smart, they'd use better arguments.

I love the commercial where Apple is trying to say that more programs and interfaces are compatible to Apple. Yeah, that's true ... everything MADE by Apple interfaces with Apple better. 98% of everything else works better with PC. Have you ever even seen a digital camera that doesn't work with a PC? If so, throw it as hard as you can into a wall, because it sucks.

I like Macs somewhat ... I use them at work (except for no right-click ... f***ing annoying). But these commercials suck.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:18 am

These commercials have no annoying jingle, no repetitive "catch-lines," and no yelling. Furthermore, there are a biunch of them so its not that annying when you see a few in a short time period because they are different.

You guys don't know bad commericals if you hate this series.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:37 am

portisfan24 wrote:These commercials have no annoying jingle, no repetitive "catch-lines," and no yelling. Furthermore, there are a biunch of them so its not that annying when you see a few in a short time period because they are different.

I dont think people think the commericals are bad, but that the idea behind them is annoying. It is pretty pompous I think. The idea that all PCs can do is spreadsheets and pie charts is kind of stupid.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:47 am

terpfan wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:These commercials have no annoying jingle, no repetitive "catch-lines," and no yelling. Furthermore, there are a biunch of them so its not that annying when you see a few in a short time period because they are different.

I dont think people think the commericals are bad, but that the idea behind them is annoying. It is pretty pompous I think. The idea that all PCs can do is spreadsheets and pie charts is kind of stupid.

Exactly - what are they implying, that 99% of the world has been doing ONLY spreadsheets and pie charts for the past two decades?

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the "cool" Mac guy is the kid from Galaxy Quest? He played the Uber-Trekkie type of fan who knows more about the series than the actors. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:56 am

knapplc wrote:
terpfan wrote:

Exactly - what are they implying, that 99% of the world has been doing ONLY spreadsheets and pie charts for the past two decades?

On a side note, did anyone else notice that the "cool" Mac guy is the kid from Galaxy Quest? He played the Uber-Trekkie type of fan who knows more about the series than the actors. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

He's from Waiting and Dodgeball as well.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:59 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
terpfan wrote:

That's right - I remember him in Dodgeball now. Never saw Waiting.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:51 am

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
knapplc wrote:
terpfan wrote:

I usually think of him from Jeepers Creepers. Man was his sister hot in that movie.

That was most definitely an original movie. What other movie can you think of that has the monster driving around in a car? What would happen if the car broke down? :-?

Uh, the death wagon needs an alternator. Let the demon monster know, will ya?
I'm not telling him, you tell him.
No way, I'm not telling him. :-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby slowride » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:29 pm

I thought he was on that show Ed.
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant