Interesting facts you didn't know... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Interesting facts you didn't know...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Interesting facts you didn't know...

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:39 pm

The_Captain wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Istanbul, Turkey - Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.


... was also Constantinople ;-D


Istanbul (Not Constantinople)?


That's nobody's business but the Turks. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Interesting facts you didn't know...

Postby terpfan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:45 pm

knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Istanbul, Turkey - Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.


... was also Constantinople ;-D


Istanbul (Not Constantinople)?


That's nobody's business but the Turks. ;-)

And "They Might Be Giants" ;-)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:12 pm

knapplc wrote:Although, now that I think about it, I can't think of any natural lakes in Nebraska, either. :-?


Sand hills. A lot of small lakes.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Interesting facts you didn't know...

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:53 pm

terpfan wrote:
knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Istanbul, Turkey - Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.


... was also Constantinople ;-D


Istanbul (Not Constantinople)?


That's nobody's business but the Turks. ;-)

And "They Might Be Giants" ;-)


Another band that those jerks running the BotB should have included. ;-7
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Interesting facts you didn't know...

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:55 pm

knapplc wrote:
terpfan wrote:
knapplc wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
The_Dude wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Istanbul, Turkey - Istanbul, Turkey is the only city in the world located on two continents.


... was also Constantinople ;-D


Istanbul (Not Constantinople)?


That's nobody's business but the Turks. ;-)

And "They Might Be Giants" ;-)


Another band that those jerks running the BotB should have included. ;-7


On the strength of their ABC CD alone!! :-b
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:59 pm

I think the Former pig's eye brewery is like 6 blocks down the street from me. I dunno they shut it down. We use to get a bunch of fumes from the brewery by my house. I remember in grade school they taught us that bishop or whoever got the name of the city changed saved Saint Paul from sin....Crazy private catholic schools
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7020
Joined: 25 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: '08 DOM-35.

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:03 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact