Fight problem. please, i need your input!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fight problem. please, i need your input!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 pm

I know that if i want to fight him, some of my friends have my back and would like the kid to get his butt whooped. they could jump in if i am down or losing. good idea with that gang fight, dirtbags.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:58 pm

The_Captain wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:You said you guys were friends after the first incident? Why all the hostility now?

More importantly, could you take him now? There is nothing wrong with a fight or two. I wouldn't paintball him, that is pretty immature. Beat him in a fair fight and he should keep his mouth shut.

Oh, because fighting is a much more mature way to handle it when fighting really solves nothing?

I feel for you SkinS, I do, but you have to ask yourself - what is fighting this guy really gonna solve? You're gonna feel better for all of about 10 minutes (judging you win) but in the long run what have you accomplished? Do you really think he'll keep quiet? Do you think he'll leave you alone?

Ignore him - you're letting him win now by giving into your anger and wanting to "jack" him up. The more you let him push your buttons the more control he has over you. Forget him, ignore him and walk away with your integrity and dignity in tact.

I agree. The guy is obviously a Class A prick, but I dont know if beating on him is going to help. Its just going to make him more pissed off/ insecure, and he will pick on you even more. Try to ignore him, hopefully he will move on or just forget. If it keeps on going maybe you will have to resort to something else, but I honestly can't see fighting him making things any better. (especially if you dont even know if you will win)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:00 pm

i would like to ignore whatever come out of his mouth but i have ignored a lot already, but when he starts throwing out the racial slurs and stuff, thats moving onto another level. that just shouldn't be done anywhere. its pretty hard to ignore that kind of stuff.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:03 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Tough decision here...

I would say if you aren't going to get your ass whooped in a fight that you should take him on. If you know you are going to be beaten to death bring out a cheap shot midfight (whatever it takes)...

It would be incredibly funny to bring a squirt gun that looks like a real gun and whip it out midfight and say its real...just make sure it isnt on school grounds because that would not turn out well if you were caught...squirt him right in the eye..hahahaha...

If you have friends that are against his actions you should get them together and find him at a time when his friends are not around...gang beat him and tell him that if he keeps bullying you that he'll be beaten again..and it'll be worse...seriously that would probobly work.

Meh.

It's your choice though, man.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!???

Don't tell me you honestly think this is sound advice? Yeah, good advice, bring a squirt gun which would look like a real gun and threaten him - then what happens when the cops arrive DB or if the guy shows up with a real gun? Then what?

And gang jumping him? If you can't fight by yourself without your homies to back you up then you better not fight b/c it sounds like you lack the confidence to win on your own. Gang fighting is for chickens, IMO.

Seriously, I understand high school is much harder in this day and age then when I was in high school (20 years ago) but seriously you have much better choices than this.

Don't lower yourself to his level. You sound like you've got a level head on your shoulders, rise above this.
Last edited by The_Captain on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Do you plan on seeing this guy a lot over the summer??
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:09 pm

The_Captain wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:You said you guys were friends after the first incident? Why all the hostility now?

More importantly, could you take him now? There is nothing wrong with a fight or two. I wouldn't paintball him, that is pretty immature. Beat him in a fair fight and he should keep his mouth shut.

Ignore him - you're letting him win now by giving into your anger and wanting to "jack" him up. The more you let him push your buttons the more control he has over you. Forget him, ignore him and walk away with your integrity and dignity in tact.

this is a piece of advise that many people give, and i can honestly tell you it has never worked for me in my entire life. all ignoring does is tell them that youre going to take this crap and encourage them to do more serious stuff. at some point, enough is enough and you have to do something.

let me tell you a story of my own: earlier this year, this kid kept telling me how much better at crew than me he was, how much cooler than me he was, etc. it got pretty annoying, but i kept my cool. then we had a rowing test and i flat out destroyed him. that pissed him off pretty bad, and it got a lot worse after that.

then one day we were out in the crew boat and he was sitting behind me. he randomly starts calling me names, insulting me, etc, and it amuses him that i cant do anything about it. then after we had put the boat away, he was bragging about it like "im gonna do all this to him and he isnt gonna do anything about it." i had to put him in his place, so i slugged him in the fact; didnt try to break his nose or seriously injure him; just a punch. we had to talk to the principal, but i dont do this type of stuff often, so neither of us got into trouble.

i guess what im trying to say is that you should try ignoring him for a while, but if he doesnt stop, and youre both at a point where a teacher isnt around, just try something that wont get the sh*t beaten out of you but will make him understand that you wont taket hat from him. i feel for you man, and i hope you resolve this without violence, but sometimes theres just no alternative way to get through to them.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:09 pm

well he is in the group of friends that plays this game every 2 or 3 times a week. But im done with that...im not going ever again. so the answer would be no, i wouldnt see him over break
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:15 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

this is a piece of advise that many people give, and i can honestly tell you it has never worked for me in my entire life. all ignoring does is tell them that youre going to take this crap and encourage them to do more serious stuff. at some point, enough is enough and you have to do something.

let me tell you a story of my own: earlier this year, this kid kept telling me how much better at crew than me he was, how much cooler than me he was, etc. it got pretty annoying, but i kept my cool. then we had a rowing test and i flat out destroyed him. that pissed him off pretty bad, and it got a lot worse after that.

then one day we were out in the crew boat and he was sitting behind me. he randomly starts calling me names, insulting me, etc, and it amuses him that i cant do anything about it. then after we had put the boat away, he was bragging about it like "im gonna do all this to him and he isnt gonna do anything about it." i had to put him in his place, so i slugged him in the fact; didnt try to break his nose or seriously injure him; just a punch. we had to talk to the principal, but i dont do this type of stuff often, so neither of us got into trouble.

i guess what im trying to say is that you should try ignoring him for a while, but if he doesnt stop, and youre both at a point where a teacher isnt around, just try something that wont get the sh*t beaten out of you but will make him understand that you wont taket hat from him. i feel for you man, and i hope you resolve this without violence, but sometimes theres just no alternative way to get through to them.

I still fail to see how this is even better advice. Just try something? How is even that remotely helpful?

I understand people are entitled to their opinions and lord knows we all have them but the advice given in this thread makes me shake my head in saddness.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:16 pm

The_Captain wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:

I still fail to see how this is even better advice. Just try something? How is even that remotely helpful?

I understand people are entitled to their opinions and lord knows we all have them but the advice given in this thread makes me shake my head in saddness.

situations differ. the kid i punched was much smaller than me. im sorry if i wasnt as helpful as others, but im just giving my story and trying to help him relate it to his situation. and the main point i was trying to make is that ignoring someone is a tactic i have never found successful.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:24 pm

unfortunatley ignoring him hasnt helped me either because he never stopped and i eventually got in a fight with him. if you try to ignore someone then you will just get more pain, stress and anxiety. mabye in other cases, the kid stops within days, weeks, mabye a couple months of ingoring him, but this kid, he won't/doesn't stop.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk