Fight problem. please, i need your input!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fight problem. please, i need your input!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:26 pm

SkinSFan22 wrote:well he is in the group of friends that plays this game every 2 or 3 times a week. But im done with that...im not going ever again. so the answer would be no, i wouldnt see him over break

In that case, I would just do my best to forget about it. Since you won't be seeing him over the summer, there is no reason to jack him up. Maybe with the few months off, this kid will mature a bit and come to his senses. Regardless, it isn't something that should ruin your summer vacation. Go out and have fun.......focus your energy on girls instead!!! ;-D :-D
Last edited by Jimboozie on Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:27 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
The_Captain wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:You said you guys were friends after the first incident? Why all the hostility now?

More importantly, could you take him now? There is nothing wrong with a fight or two. I wouldn't paintball him, that is pretty immature. Beat him in a fair fight and he should keep his mouth shut.

Ignore him - you're letting him win now by giving into your anger and wanting to "jack" him up. The more you let him push your buttons the more control he has over you. Forget him, ignore him and walk away with your integrity and dignity in tact.

this is a piece of advise that many people give, and i can honestly tell you it has never worked for me in my entire life. all ignoring does is tell them that youre going to take this crap and encourage them to do more serious stuff. at some point, enough is enough and you have to do something.

let me tell you a story of my own: earlier this year, this kid kept telling me how much better at crew than me he was, how much cooler than me he was, etc. it got pretty annoying, but i kept my cool. then we had a rowing test and i flat out destroyed him. that pissed him off pretty bad, and it got a lot worse after that.

then one day we were out in the crew boat and he was sitting behind me. he randomly starts calling me names, insulting me, etc, and it amuses him that i cant do anything about it. then after we had put the boat away, he was bragging about it like "im gonna do all this to him and he isnt gonna do anything about it." i had to put him in his place, so i slugged him in the fact; didnt try to break his nose or seriously injure him; just a punch. we had to talk to the principal, but i dont do this type of stuff often, so neither of us got into trouble.

i guess what im trying to say is that you should try ignoring him for a while, but if he doesnt stop, and youre both at a point where a teacher isnt around, just try something that wont get the sh*t beaten out of you but will make him understand that you wont taket hat from him. i feel for you man, and i hope you resolve this without violence, but sometimes theres just no alternative way to get through to them.

I still fail to see how this is even better advice. Just try something? How is even that remotely helpful?

I understand people are entitled to their opinions and lord knows we all have them but the advice given in this thread makes me shake my head in saddness.

situations differ. the kid i punched was much smaller than me. im sorry if i wasnt as helpful as others, but im just giving my story and trying to help him relate it to his situation. and the main point i was trying to make is that ignoring someone is a tactic i have never found successful.

I agree with you situations are different - but I guess I'm old school. I was instructed from a young age by my dad to never throw the first punch b/c it never ended anywhere good.

Being able to ignore someone effectively is a skill which has to be developed and worked on all the time. Granted I have the advantage of age but if you don't work on it while at your ages, you'll never learn it effectively.

Believe me, I understand it's tougher these days and there is no way I would want to be in Jr. High or High School now. I don't agree with fighting and never have. It's probably the one thing I'm heavily opinionated about and plan on teaching both my girls the drawbacks about fighting.

What saddens me most about SkinSFans story is the lack of teacher involvement. Granted they get paid peanuts for educating the youth of today but to hear this stuff go on and NOT do anything about it - they shouldn't be teachers then.

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Jimboozie wrote:
SkinSFan22 wrote:well he is in the group of friends that plays this game every 2 or 3 times a week. But im done with that...im not going ever again. so the answer would be no, i wouldnt see him over break

In that case, I would just do my best to forget about it. Since you won't be seeing him over the summer, there is no reason to jack him up. Maybe with the few months off, this kid will mature a bit and come to his senses. Regardless, it is something that should ruin your summer vacation. Go out and have fun....focus your energy on girls instead!!! ;-D :-D

very good advice, jimboozie. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The_Captain » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:36 pm

Girls >>>>>>>>>>>> Fighting......everyday of the week and TWICE on Sundays....

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:50 pm

I had a very similar situation happen in High School. A Class A jerk of a guy sat behind me in math and let me have it for a month. I tried to ignore him for about a month but he kept it up. To this day I have no idea why he did it - he just did.

So one day I snap and we go at it. It's a freakin' battle royale right in the middle of class. I popped him in the nose, shattered it and sprayed blood everywhere, and then he pretty much proceeded to destroy me. (I didn't throw the first punch, Cap. My dad taught me the same thing as your dad there). So anyway, the next thing I know the whole room is destroyed, kids are everywhere, the teacher is on the intercom screaming for help and we're both kicked out of school. I got back in after explaining that I had put up with his stuff for a solid month but he got kicked out for the rest of the year.

So you'd think that I stood up to him and it's over, right? He's out of school and I'm free of him, right? Hell no. This whackjob follows me around town in his car, tries to get me to pull over and wants to fight me for just about the rest of the year. Fighting him solved nothing. It got me kicked out of school, almost expelled for the year, a concussion and some really nice bruises, and after all that the guy was still wanting more. It took another four or five months of me ignoring him around town for this all to stop.

I'm really sorry that this is happening to you, dude, but I can tell you from my personal experience that fighting it out doesn't always solve the problem. You're better off leaving the guy alone and moving on. Find new friends and go from there. It sucks, but with guys like this it's just about the only thing you can do. Eventually he'll get bored with you as a nonexistent target and he'll find someone else to focus on.

Good luck. I know these situations can be pretty hard to deal with.

Out of curiosity, what did your school administration and your parents say about all of this? Did your parents tear into the school for this teacher allowing this to go on?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby SkinSFan22 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:59 pm

Well my mom is going to have a lengthy conversation with my guidance counselor tomorow, and yes that is simply unexceptable for a teacher to let it happen. my parents just were amazed at the fact that she didnt do anything, just sat there in her chair pretending not to notice. she heard the sounds of my desk getting tipped over, and me being pushed into a desk, but she didn't do anything. and also after i got him back by pouring some of the drink on his backpack, i hid his bottle behind some books on a nearby shelf so he wouldn't pour it all over me. At the end of the period after he had knocked my papers out of my hands and pushed me into a desk she went and retrieved the bottle and gave it to him.

and btw, she isn't really young like straight out of college, or really old. shes probably in her early 50's
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:34 pm

I think different things work on different people.

For example, in prison, if you put up with any crap from anyone, all you're going to get is MORE crap. Because they will see that you are weak and you are willing to take it.

When my half brother was in prison, this huge prisoner would pick on him. My brother's about 5'4 155 pounds and white. This guy was about 6'7 280 pounds and black. Obviously my brother's no match for him, but what is he going to do? Let the guy make a mockery of him? So the next time the guy tried to give my brother trouble, my brother punched him in the throat as hard as he could. The guy just laughed and then kicked my bro's butt.

So anticipating he would get more flak from this guy, he had a plan in mind next time. He kept scalding hot water with him at all times. The next time the guy came up to him, my brother poured that water onto his bare foot. Gave him some serious burns. The guy never messed with him again.

The point is... if you're ignoring someone and that hasn't been working, you've got to give them a reason NOT to mess with you. If a bully is thinking "man, I could mess with this guy again, but do I really want a broken nose/scalded foot/gouged out eye? Is it really worth it?"

You have to make the risk outweigh the reward to the bully and he'll live you alone. Up the ante. Get a roll of quarters and carry it in your pocket. Next time you see the guy, put that roll of quarters in your hand and make a nice tight fist, and hit him in the face as hard as you can. If that doesn't work, get some brass knuckles. Do what you have to do. If the teachers/authorities aren't doing anything, then YOU have to.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 am

A crowbar to the back of the cranium usually works wonders as a revenge tool...

I dont think I can really help you out. I'm a pretty mellow guy so if I didnt jack the guy up while I was still steaming, it all would have just blown over for me, especially not seeing him over the break
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RocketsDWM » Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:10 am

I do not miss high school.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:55 am

Give him a Dirty Bronson* }:-) !+)

* To give a Dirty Bronson you take a dump in a sock and freeze it and then proceed to beat someone over the head with it a la Charles Bronson with a sock full of quarters in Death Wish
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk