Fight problem. please, i need your input!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Fight problem. please, i need your input!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:21 am

I've only punched one person in the face in my life. It was my best friend and it was only because he was holding me under water while we were playing football in the pool. S**t happens. We'd still be friends probably if I didn't move away. I pretty much got bullied through school until about high school. I always ignored it. I got tall and was a good baseball player. I guess people forget about everything else when you're winning. I'd have to agree with Captain though, fighting isn't going to solve anything, even though there's been so many times where I've just wanted to punch someone in the face.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:27 am

WickedSmaat wrote:I've only punched one person in the face in my life. ... SNIP... I'd have to agree with Captain though, fighting isn't going to solve anything.

No offense Wicked but if you've only ever punched one person in the face in your life you're not really qualified to make a statement about fights solving anything or not :-?

Fighting may not be the best solution but it certainly beats the "sit there and ignore it" which SkinS has already unsuccessfully tried apparently and it is FAR EXCEEDS the gang beating or gun waving that Dirtbag suggested...

My Dirty Bronson suggestion aside, the best thing to do in this case is to beat the crap out of the guy - and if he's bigger and better in a fight than you like you seem to imply SkinS then make sure you get in the first shot and make it count - a shot to the nuts will go a long way to evening things up IMO. Just make sure to lay the beating on well enough that he doesn't want to try and get you back - make him understand that he really doesn't want to go another round with you...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:12 am

lmcjaho wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:I've only punched one person in the face in my life. ... SNIP... I'd have to agree with Captain though, fighting isn't going to solve anything.

No offense Wicked but if you've only ever punched one person in the face in your life you're not really qualified to make a statement about fights solving anything or not :-?

Fighting may not be the best solution but it certainly beats the "sit there and ignore it" which SkinS has already unsuccessfully tried apparently and it is FAR EXCEEDS the gang beating or gun waving that Dirtbag suggested...

My Dirty Bronson suggestion aside, the best thing to do in this case is to beat the crap out of the guy - and if he's bigger and better in a fight than you like you seem to imply SkinS then make sure you get in the first shot and make it count - a shot to the nuts will go a long way to evening things up IMO. Just make sure to lay the beating on well enough that he doesn't want to try and get you back - make him understand that he really doesn't want to go another round with you...

Man, that's ignorant. :-°

Tell me ... do you like sex with men? How about stabbing yourselves with knives? No? Well have you done either? Stuuuuuupid remark man. I'm not saying you're stupid, I'm just saying you might want to rephrase that a bit.

Anyways SkinS, I'd just ignore the a-hole. And going off of lmcjaho's criteria for advice, I'm well qualified as I've gotten into a few scuffles in my day.

And in all honesty, fighting doesn't really solve much. In the end, two things happen. You lose, and then you get heckled for losing. You win, and you end up having to do the SAME EXACT THING as not fighting to avoid making a mortal enemy out of the guy (and enemy's are never good ... even if you hate the guy, who don't want him trying to f*** you over all the time). After you beat him down, you have to avoid him, have a few awkward interactions over a couple months, and then eventually it cools down (like your first fight with the dude). Sure, beating someone down might make you feel better then, but in the long run, it just ain't worth the hassle.

As for your friends, if they like fights so much, have those idiots fight each other. Either two things ... they are a-holes, or they are idiots. Or probably both. Choose new friends. And in high school, it's easy. Everyone has different "cliques" (or however you spell it) they hang with ... just spend more time with another one than your primary group, and over time it'll switch over. It's high school, it happens.

Hope that crap works out for you ... I hated high school "drama" like that. Man There are a precious few things I miss about high school. And remember ... every person who says those were the "best years of their life" are pretty damned pathetic.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:07 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Man, that's ignorant. :-°

Tell me ... do you like sex with men? How about stabbing yourselves with knives? No? Well have you done either? Stuuuuuupid remark man. I'm not saying you're stupid, I'm just saying you might want to rephrase that a bit.

Actually, no I do not think I like sex with men, and I don't like stabbing myself with knives either, but I'd say those are pretty extreme examples, no? But thanks for calling me ignorant...

no1cowboysfan wrote:And in all honesty, fighting doesn't really solve much. In the end, two things happen. You lose, and then you get heckled for losing. You win, and you end up having to do the SAME EXACT THING as not fighting to avoid making a mortal enemy out of the guy (and enemy's are never good ... even if you hate the guy, who don't want him trying to f*** you over all the time). After you beat him down, you have to avoid him, have a few awkward interactions over a couple months, and then eventually it cools down (like your first fight with the dude). Sure, beating someone down might make you feel better then, but in the long run, it just ain't worth the hassle.

Except you are missing the part where winning the fight (or even losing but putting up a good showing) usually gets the a-hole to back off and leave you alone instead of constantly riding your ass like he will if you try the ignore him route. Ignoring an a-hole might make you feel better about yourself in the long run, but for the next couple of years when you have to put up with their crap it will suck.

no1cowboysfan wrote:As for your friends, if they like fights so much, have those idiots fight each other. Either two things ... they are a-holes, or they are idiots. Or probably both. Choose new friends.

This is some good advice.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Dolfin99 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:40 am

The_Captain wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:Tough decision here...

I would say if you aren't going to get your ass whooped in a fight that you should take him on. If you know you are going to be beaten to death bring out a cheap shot midfight (whatever it takes)...

It would be incredibly funny to bring a squirt gun that looks like a real gun and whip it out midfight and say its real...just make sure it isnt on school grounds because that would not turn out well if you were caught...squirt him right in the eye..hahahaha...

If you have friends that are against his actions you should get them together and find him at a time when his friends are not around...gang beat him and tell him that if he keeps bullying you that he'll be beaten again..and it'll be worse...seriously that would probobly work.

Meh.

It's your choice though, man.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!???

Don't tell me you honestly think this is sound advice? Yeah, good advice, bring a squirt gun which would look like a real gun and threaten him - then what happens when the cops arrive DB or if the guy shows up with a real gun? Then what?

And gang jumping him? If you can't fight by yourself without your homies to back you up then you better not fight b/c it sounds like you lack the confidence to win on your own. Gang fighting is for chickens, IMO.

Seriously, I understand high school is much harder in this day and age then when I was in high school (20 years ago) but seriously you have much better choices than this.

Don't lower yourself to his level. You sound like you've got a level head on your shoulders, rise above this.

Good post Cap. I have nothing more to add except.......you have been out of school for 20 years 8-o

I thought I had been out for a while (14 yrs), I am feeling old now. :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:08 am

lmcjaho wrote:Actually, no I do not think I like sex with men, and I don't like stabbing myself with knives either, but I'd say those are pretty extreme examples, no? But thanks for calling me ignorant...

Extreme examples maybe ... but to phrase Dan Brown from Angels and Demons, "One doesn't need to have cancer to analyse it's symptoms." And I don't think you're ignorant ... I just think that was an awfully broad generalization to make.

lmcjaho wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:And in all honesty, fighting doesn't really solve much. In the end, two things happen. You lose, and then you get heckled for losing. You win, and you end up having to do the SAME EXACT THING as not fighting to avoid making a mortal enemy out of the guy (and enemy's are never good ... even if you hate the guy, who don't want him trying to f*** you over all the time). After you beat him down, you have to avoid him, have a few awkward interactions over a couple months, and then eventually it cools down (like your first fight with the dude). Sure, beating someone down might make you feel better then, but in the long run, it just ain't worth the hassle.

Except you are missing the part where winning the fight (or even losing but putting up a good showing) usually gets the a-hole to back off and leave you alone instead of constantly riding your ass like he will if you try the ignore him route. Ignoring an a-hole might make you feel better about yourself in the long run, but for the next couple of years when you have to put up with their crap it will suck.

C'mon now ... you've never beaten up somebody, and then he blindsides you with 3 or 4 friends two days later? Jackasses thrive on pride (as they are mostly cowards themselves). If you wound that pride, they either sulk back, or wait their turn. Sometimes, it's better to let the idiot think he's won ... better a dormant moron that pisses you off than an angry brute whom you piss off.

I'm not saying the occasional fight might turn out well, and then nothing bad comes after ... but again ... not always a black and white situation. And considering we don't know all aspects of SkinS story, it might not be such a simple decision to make.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:48 am

I won't go into anything lengthy here, but I'll add my 2 cents on this. I'm a rather small guy (6' 140#) and I've been in more fights than I care to remember. Most are over quickly. You're young so you can possibly stop this guy, but, eventually, and unfortunately, there will be another one somewhere along the way. There's a reason why he's pointing you out and others eventually will do the same. For the long run, I suggest martial arts, and I'm dead serious. It's not only for self-defense, but the confidence and discipline you gain from it. You will take it with you for the rest of your life. You hopefully will never have to use it, but you will exhibit a change in attitude and confidence, and 'bullies' don't mess with people like that, even if they have no idea you could mess them up if you have to. Serious though, look into it. You won't regret it. 1 hour a day, 2 days a week, all it takes. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:02 am

hey guys, i really appreciate all the input that you have gave me. thanks so much, its some really great information and your past experiences are always helpful. anyway, this morning my mom called my guidance counselor, and told him the story. His guidance counselor is going to talk to him about it, and i have to stop into the guidance office about 30 minutes before the global regents exam that i have to take at 11:30. my guidance counselor was amazed and awestruck that my teacher didnt give the kid a referral. i know the kid will tell our friends that im a wuss or afraid for not fighting and telling on him (actually my mom did) but i can easily ingore everything they say. i am very curious to hear what the answer is to why he did this to me because i didn't do anything to him in the first place. do you think that i took a step in the right direction by reporting it to my counselor, or have a worsened the ordeal.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:40 am

videotape yourself having sex with his mother/sister. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby SkinSFan22 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:45 am

moonhead wrote:videotape yourself having sex with his mother/sister. ;-D

hahahahha. i love the advice moonhead. ;-D mabye ill just have to videotape myself having sex with his girlfriend.
SkinSFan22
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk