Should I buy a massage chair? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Should I buy a massage chair?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I buy a massage chair?

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:25 pm

Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a massage chair - . I have a little bit of money to throw around at the moment, and I want to treat myself to something special.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has bought one in the past and what you thought about it. My main concerns are:
a. whether or not I will use it enough to justify the expense
2. if someone has had problems with these things breaking easily
iii. if you had it to do all over again, whether or not you would buy another massage chair
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:27 pm

save it. your money that is.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Re: Should I buy a massage chair?

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:27 pm

onnestabe wrote:Hey guys, I am thinking about buying a massage chair - . I have a little bit of money to throw around at the moment, and I want to treat myself to something special.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has bought one in the past and what you thought about it. My main concerns are:
a. whether or not I will use it enough to justify the expense
2. if someone has had problems with these things breaking easily
iii. if you had it to do all over again, whether or not you would buy another massage chair


I used to work for a furniture store and every day when we got back from our deliveries we'd race to see who got to the chair first. They have some really nice ones out there, and if you're going to spend the money make sure you get a good one. Check out reviews online, Consumer Reports, etc.

We really liked the one at our store.
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:29 pm

moonhead wrote:save it. your money that is.


I agree....unless you can find a chair that comes with a happy ending feature. ;-7
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:37 pm

moonhead wrote:save it. your money that is.


But that's not very fun, and I need to buy a chair anyway - it's a matter of whether or not I buy one with massage functionality or not.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye
Posts: 4074
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Cincinnati - West Price Hill

Postby hastur » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:40 pm

Spend some money on a foot massager, and the rest in an adult gift shop. I was going to say something else, but decided I like this place, and don't want to get kicked out :-°
hastur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 963
Joined: 15 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Carolina

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:46 pm

onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:save it. your money that is.


But that's not very fun, and I need to buy a chair anyway - it's a matter of whether or not I buy one with massage functionality or not.



So buy a decent La-Z-Boy and get a hand-held massager, then get a girl to use the massager on you. ;-)
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:52 pm

knapplc wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:save it. your money that is.


But that's not very fun, and I need to buy a chair anyway - it's a matter of whether or not I buy one with massage functionality or not.



So buy a decent La-Z-Boy and get a hand-held massager, then get a girl to use the massager on you. ;-)


I think it would be better to use it on her. That thing could be dangerous in the more sensitive areas. Not to mention, there are some sensitive areas I don't want anything near, especially a large, vibrating object. :-B
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4887
(Past Year: 3)
Joined: 20 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Who?

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:43 pm

knapplc wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:save it. your money that is.


But that's not very fun, and I need to buy a chair anyway - it's a matter of whether or not I buy one with massage functionality or not.



So buy a decent La-Z-Boy and get a hand-held massager, then get a girl to use the massager on you. ;-)


I was so going to say this when I saw the thread title ... :-B

I second. B-)
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:50 pm

i had one a few years back and i really didnt use it very often...not enough to justify the price. i agree with the others, save your money and get a girl for the massages ;-D
Image
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15165
Joined: 17 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Giggity Giggity

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 16:24 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact