Help on Ideas for Fathers Day!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Help on Ideas for Fathers Day!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:30 pm

Alkaholik wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:Is he into Football?

Just our Local team.....the Seahawks. We wont be going to any games this year because i just bought a new 55" flatscreen and i am going to buy the NFL sunday ticket.

There's still nothing like being there. I always let my Dad pick the game on Fathers Day and then take him in the fall. Usually, he picks the home opener (Cards this year, so should be fun).

But...
The flatscreen is a nice substitute! Kudos. ;-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby slowride » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:26 am

a back massager?
slowride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:40 am

Not to hijack this thread, but is anyone else getting shafted for Father's Day? My dad and I went to a lot of trouble making a pretty nice meal for mom and the wife last month, we gave them the day off and we treated them pretty nice.

Here we are two days before Father's Day and we have no plans to get together, nothing.

What really gripes me is that on Mother's Day I also cooked a full meal for the In-Laws by myself (Father In-Law isn't a cook), so I went to double the work for my wife this year.

Where's the equality?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:47 am

knapplc wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but is anyone else getting shafted for Father's Day? My dad and I went to a lot of trouble making a pretty nice meal for mom and the wife last month, we gave them the day off and we treated them pretty nice.

Here we are two days before Father's Day and we have no plans to get together, nothing.

What really gripes me is that on Mother's Day I also cooked a full meal for the In-Laws by myself (Father In-Law isn't a cook), so I went to double the work for my wife this year.

Where's the equality?

It's not a competition Knapp. Things'll work out. If you got a nice woman there, and from what you've said in the past, I believe you do, I bet you'll be singing a different tune Monday morning.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:09 am

The_Dude wrote:Just glue some macaroni onto a piece of colored paper that spells out "Happy Father's Day Dad"

Its the thought that counts, right? ;-D

or, if your dad's name is Jerry and he is funny, you could make him a figure out of fusilli pasta and name it Fusilli Jerry :-b

or maybe he is just huge Seinfeld fan ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Postby Alkaholik » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:36 am

Knapp, I think it may depend on the DAD i guess......my old man much prefer's to have a day with no hustle bustle such as taking him out to a bunch of crazy places or having a boat load of people over.....he likes to just have the fam with him relaxin, hangin out and firing up the grill for a nice relaxing summer day.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:20 am

knapplc wrote:Not to hijack this thread, but is anyone else getting shafted for Father's Day? My dad and I went to a lot of trouble making a pretty nice meal for mom and the wife last month, we gave them the day off and we treated them pretty nice.

Where's the equality?

When have you ever gotten as good as you gave when it came to women? It has been my experience that guys always get shafted when it comes time to start handing out presents.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby xted30 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:38 am

Alk,

I'd say go with something that has been suggested already, especially if he has a long way to travel to work sites. A back massager from the Sharper Image (they make one that has they ability to be plugged into a regular wall outlet and can also fit the cigarette lighter in your car) is an awesome gift. They are also really affordable. My girlfriend got me one a couple years ago, and it's great for relaxing, especially on long car rides. Good Luck!
xted30
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:44 pm

I'm still liking.....

Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:09 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Where's the equality?

It's not a competition Knapp. Things'll work out. If you got a nice woman there, and from what you've said in the past, I believe you do, I bet you'll be singing a different tune Monday morning.

Yeah, I hear you, and I'm not trying to imply that it's a quid pro quo situation, but it would be nice if there was some reciprocation. We'll see. Maybe I'll post Monday that they surprised us with something. Who knows. :-b
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to General Talk