What's going on at the RB position... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Green Bay Packers

What's going on at the RB position...

Moderator: Football Moderators

What's going on at the RB position...

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:52 am

Players face battles to keep jobs

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel wrote:Here's a list of veterans who must produce this summer, or they could be gone before the 2006 season begins.

1. Robert Ferguson, WR
2. Adrian Klemm, OT
3. Mark Roman, S
4. Najeh Davenport, RB
5. Ahman Green, RB

6. Kenny Peterson, DT/DE
7. B.J. Sander, P
8. Rod Gardner, WR
9. Will Whitticker, OT/OG

Seems like some of these positions we the ones have the least amount of depth at...I really can't see both of those RBs leaving. I do agree with getting rid of Fergy, Roman, and Sander though...

Interesting read to say the least.

But here's another that'll make you say "Huh?"

Herron's career gets boost

Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel wrote:With Ahman Green and Najeh Davenport out until training camp with injuries, Fisher having left as a free agent and the Packers eschewing running backs in the draft, Herron suddenly found himself in a position of prominence.

And so far he hasn't disappointed.

In fact, he has been getting more than his fair share of snaps with the No. 1 offense in the Packers' latest series of voluntary practices, seemingly having replaced Samkon Gado for the time being as the go-to back thanks in large part to his quick assimilation of Green Bay's new zone-blocking scheme.

Now I know it's too early for this to have any fantasy implications, but this is definitely worth watching, imo.

Packers RBs are a big red flag, as you never know what will happen this season.

It'll be interesting to see how all of this pans out...
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:10 pm

I think it all comes down to health.

The pack have a fairly easy schedule, alot of teams with not so good Defenses. If Green can stay healthy, he should have a pretty decent season. As long as he plays 16 games, i would expect over 1000 yards and 8-12 TDs on the ground. Davenport is a good backup, and if healthy could be a started on many teams. Unless they both get hurt again, I wouldnt expect to see much of gado or herron

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby TheBigBakedBean » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Like I said, it is still really early to speculate, but I honestly would not be surprised to see one of the those two gone before the season starts.

And with McCarthy's RBBC approach this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see three or four backs with carries per game.

Gado's performance last year has to bode well for his chances at getting PT. So if I had guess, it'd be that Dookie Davenport will be shown the door and Ahman will start - and that's only because of Ahman's offseason contract extension.

Sure would like to see Ahman have another 1850yd/20td season like in 2003, but that'll never happen. No matter who starts, the RB position for the Packers is a fantasy mess.
TheBigBakedBean
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Green Bay Packers