Would you really have Rice for dinner? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Would you really have Rice for dinner?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Would you really have Rice for dinner?

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:41 am

I don't know what the complete list looked like, but I am sure I would not take Condi over some of the ones mentioned.

MSN from Esquire wrote:When Esquire asked men who they'd invite from a list of 14 notable women to a dinner party, they chose Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice — over such stars as Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson.

Rice was followed by Oprah Winfrey and Angelina Jolie in a national survey published in the magazine's July issue. The 29-question survey, conducted by Beta Research Corp., polled 1,083 men aged 25 and older.

Asked which famous man they'd invite to dinner, 37 percent picked "Tonight" host Jay Leno. Bill Clinton placed second, trailed by George Clooney and President Bush.

Men said they most admired former Secretary of State Colin Powell (5.9 percent). Clinton and Bill Gates tied closely behind (5.8 percent) and Bush placed third (5.3 percent).

The president did, however, place first in another category: least admirable man in America. He got 14.8 percent of the vote, while Clinton came in second — again — at 7.8 percent.

According to the survey, most men do not aspire to be "American Idol" winner Taylor Hicks. Eighty-five percent said they'd rather be the CEO of a Fortune 500 company than win the Fox talent contest (15 percent).

dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:51 am

:-? No Sir, I don't like it

Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:52 am

Who were the 15% who said they'd rather win the American Idol than be a CEO? 8-o

There are some weird, mixed-up people out there.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:15 am

knapplc wrote:Who were the 15% who said they'd rather win the American Idol than be a CEO? 8-o

And the freaks that want to eat dinner with Rice instead of Jennifer Aniston! 8-o
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:35 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
And the freaks that want to eat dinner with Rice instead of Jennifer Aniston! 8-o

Yeah, I hear she's on the rebound and slightly weathly ;-)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:41 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
knapplc wrote:Who were the 15% who said they'd rather win the American Idol than be a CEO? 8-o

I, for one, would much rather dine with Condi Rice than Aniston.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:41 am

probably because it would be more satisfying to punch condi in the face over a bowl of soup than to eat dinner with angelina or aniston.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:53 am

moonhead wrote:probably because it would be more satisfying to punch condi in the face over a bowl of soup than to eat dinner with angelina or aniston.

Condi for Vice Pres.... then Pres... first woman and African-American Pres & Vice Pres in history. All from the Republican Party!?!?!?

Then again, Abe Lincoln was a Republican.

Did I raise your stress levels moonhead ;-)
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Goatwhacker » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:25 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Me too, she probably has more intelligence than Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson put together. Plus she knows football.

Oprah's pretty smart too but she probably would talk about Tom Cruise and her book club. :-P
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:20 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Me too, she probably has more intelligence than Julia Roberts, Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson put together. Plus she knows football.

Oprah's pretty smart too but she probably would talk about Tom Cruise and her book club. :-P

I was just saying that for intelligent conversation alone. I completely forgot that she's a fan of football. All the better. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Next

Return to General Talk