Chad Johnson injured in practice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chad Johnson injured in practice

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby moochman » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:52 pm

Goatwhacker wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Mike Anderson tore a groin muscle in the 2004 preseason and was out for the year, this could be serious.

Let's not forget Norman Hand's injury a couple of years ago and the immortal headline "Hand pulls groin".

Boy that didn't take long did it. lol.

I sure hope the news gets out soon on the severity of his injury. My early bird league drafts Sunday.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:49 am

If this turns out to be serious, I will feel really bad for CJ. All the guy does is want to compete, win, and crack some jokes along the way.
On a FF note, you can bump Mr. Houshaljznfloeladfjaflsaduh up a several spots in the draft if CJ is gonna be out for an extended period of time.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby logan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:31 am

typical. first time i draft the guy ever is this year and he gets hurt already. well hopefully it's not serious and he recovers just fine.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby jayday » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:37 am

Chill folks...It's not a tear....Painful, but not a tear....

Saturday Update: Chad dresses while Palmer rests

By GEOFF HOBSON
June 17, 2006

Posted: 10:20 a.m.

Before an Open House practice at Paul Brown Stadium Saturday morning, Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson suited up for the final workout of the mandatory minicamp with tape covering the high left thigh of his bright orange jump suit.

Quarterback Carson Palmer took the day off after taking the bulk of the quarterback snaps in Friday’s two practices. Johnson pulled up lame in Friday afternoon’s practice with what head coach Marvin Lewis called a “strained core muscle.”
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby logan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:39 am

jayday wrote:Chill folks...It's not a tear....Painful, but not a tear....

Saturday Update: Chad dresses while Palmer rests

By GEOFF HOBSON
June 17, 2006

Posted: 10:20 a.m.

Before an Open House practice at Paul Brown Stadium Saturday morning, Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson suited up for the final workout of the mandatory minicamp with tape covering the high left thigh of his bright orange jump suit.

Quarterback Carson Palmer took the day off after taking the bulk of the quarterback snaps in Friday’s two practices. Johnson pulled up lame in Friday afternoon’s practice with what head coach Marvin Lewis called a “strained core muscle.”

yeah i just got to my eamil and read the fanball news which says this

June 16, 2006 10:19 PM ET
Bengals: Chad Johnson pulls groin
The News
Bengals receiver Chad Johnson apparently pulled groin muscles during minicamp Friday and was taken off the field on a cart. "I think he would have loved to have finished practice, but they just took him in and iced him down," head coach Marvin Lewis told ESPN.com, "We'll see how sore he is tomorrow."
Our View
Chad Johnson is a bonafide stud fantasy wide receiver. While his value remains somewhat in flux with Carson Palmer's injury, CJ is certainly worthy of early round consideration in all fantasy formats. This minor injury will not keep Johnson from full participation in training camp beginning on July 29.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby greyone » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:18 pm

i saw the play on NFL Network.

Safety came charging in...slightly undercut Chad J*probably did not expect the safety to hit him* Grazed him and he went down fast and hard. Clearly was in immediate pain. Tried to get up. Went down again after 5-6 yards of trying to walk it off. Then the clip was cut short.

I think he will be fine.

Even if...i don't see Housh being able to carry #1 WRs jock strap. Single coverage from the 2nd best db is the reason Housh played so well. Chad J's absence will hurt him.
greyone
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby knapplc » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:10 pm

We'll have to wait until training camps to know for sure. This really sucks for teams drafting early. :-o
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:39 pm

Probably not too major, but groin injuries can linger all season long. I injured mine about 3 months ago and it's still not healed. These things are a pain in the ass.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Popcynical » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:05 am

Rotoworld said he returned to practice Saturday and looked fine, although he had some tape on his leg for some of the practice.
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:55 am

My biggest concern (and I own him in a couple leagues already, so I am defnitely concerned) is that he takes his time coming back from this. Groin and hamstring injuries usually take a long time to fully recover from, and I hope he takes it easy for the next couple months (he can practice, but probably not full speed), so that he can come into the season without any nagging injuries.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk