One of the funnier things I've seen... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

One of the funnier things I've seen...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Infidel » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Kensat30 wrote:These types of leagues are intrguing IMO. It really affects draft strategy because you have to figure out which positions you want to covet and which positions you want to sacrifice. I'm sure waiver priority is also huge in a league like this. It's like chess compared to checkers.. probably too much work for me, I have a lot of leagues to follow as it is.

What WW? Every player in the NFL (and a number of CFLer's) are on somebody's roster.

Seriously, if you want anyone to believe that these leagues exist outside your immagination you need to post a link.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:23 am

that's just dumb.

i've played in a 32 team league the last few years, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel, but at least everyone can fill all the starting positions
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby suppasonic » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:05 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:that's just dumb.

i've played in a 32 team league the last few years, that's scraping the bottom of the barrel, but at least everyone can fill all the starting positions

32 players - 30 starting positions/game = 2 people who wont get starting QB/K/DEF/TE? And unless its a 2 WR league, youll have trouble there as well, with people like Koren Robinson having big value?
suppasonic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:10 am

These are some bored kids idea of a joke. No one will actually draft those teams, and certainly no one will play them. What they hoped for is guys like us sitting around talking about it.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:45 am

I was in a 20 team league once with two starting defenses.

It was one of my first years playing fantasy football. Teams without a second defense were absolutely screwed. It was also 2 QBs.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LukeW9027 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:58 pm

Imagine the Pressure that is on when you select guys in the first five rounds, if one busts, your screwed.

haha, thats one twisted guy who runs that league

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:41 pm

suppasonic wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:that's just dumb.

32 players - 30 starting positions/game = 2 people who wont get starting QB/K/DEF/TE? And unless its a 2 WR league, youll have trouble there as well, with people like Koren Robinson having big value?

um...there's 32 NFL teams, so i dont know where the 30 starting positions is coming from. everyone ends up with some crap somewhere...i was starting Chris Horn last year
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk