Bob Sanders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bob Sanders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bob Sanders

Postby showmethem0ney13 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:38 pm

I met Bob Sanders today as he was visiting us in his hometown...he was in the mall.

A few interesting things..

• There was no line to see him
  • You had to pay $20 to get something signed

Is it appropriate for an NFL star who makes millions to charge $20 to get something signed?!

I mean, I was there with my sister getting her boyfriends jersey signed and it cost $20 for a signature and a little message saying "To so and so".

Regardless to say he is a very nice guy, very soft spoken and doesn't say much. I still think it is ridiculous that he charges $20 for a signature...That is why there was no line... 8-o [/list]
Thanks to jte715 for the great sig!
showmethem0ney13
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jun 17, 2006 8:51 pm

Yeah, that's just stupid. I give him a big :-t for charging for his John Hancock.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Pete123444 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:10 pm

If he can get people to pay it, more power to him. But maybe Bob Sanders is chargin too much if there wasn't a line. If it were me I probably would charge something. Two reasons: 1 it keeps from having to sign way too many. 2 I would donate all my proceeds from the signings to bring down my tax liability on my millions that I would be making in the NFL. Of course there would be instance of a few freebies like handicapped kids and such....

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby RocketsDWM » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Pete123444 wrote:If he can get people to pay it, more power to him. But maybe Bob Sanders is chargin too much if there wasn't a line. If it were me I probably would charge something. Two reasons: 1 it keeps from having to sign way too many. 2 I would donate all my proceeds from the signings to bring down my tax liability on my millions that I would be making in the NFL. Of course there would be instance of a few freebies like handicapped kids and such....

Well, you could just say " I am only signing for the first 100 or so" and charge 5 bucks. 20 is way too high - unless your Manning, Brady, Chad Johnson, LT, LJ...you get the idea.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:00 pm

Im guessing most do it so people dont just turn around and put it right on ebay...
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:28 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:Im guessing most do it so people dont just turn around and put it right on ebay...

That's understandable, but still. Who cares if they turn around and flip it on ebay? Bottom line is, someone that actually WANTS the autograph will end up with it.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:46 pm

bob saunders would have to pay me 20 bucks for his autograph.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:26 am

unbelieveable
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Atog » Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:40 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:bob saunders would have to pay me 20 bucks for his autograph.

Bingo. If you want to charge $20 for an autograph, make a name for yourself first ;-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:14 pm

Atog wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:bob saunders would have to pay me 20 bucks for his autograph.

Bingo. If you want to charge $20 for an autograph, make a name for yourself first ;-D

Bob became a Pro Bowler in just his second season at the pro level. Are you saying he hasn't made a name for himself?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk