Bob Sanders - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Bob Sanders

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:24 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Atog wrote:
GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:bob saunders would have to pay me 20 bucks for his autograph.

Bingo. If you want to charge $20 for an autograph, make a name for yourself first ;-D

Bob became a Pro Bowler in just his second season at the pro level. Are you saying he hasn't made a name for himself?

I know his name. Does that qualify?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:43 pm

I would pay 20 bucks for a Deion Sanders sig maybe.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:50 pm

Paying for an autograph at something like that is lame. The dude is already getting paid for the apperance.

My wife works for DirecTv and every year when Sunday Ticket rolls around, they bring in different guys to their sites. My wife has met and got autographs (for free) from Kevin Greene, Archie Manning (he was a grumpy old man), Alge Crumpler, and Garrison Hearst who signed 3 football cards and a 8x10 picture
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:39 am

You should have said "And what charity do you want me to make that check out to?"
I have about 50 - 60 NFL players autographs from the players themselves and the only one I ever payed for was Emmitt Smith's.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Re: Bob Sanders

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:17 am

showmethem0ney13 wrote:I met Bob Sanders today as he was visiting us in his hometown...he was in the mall.

A few interesting things..

• There was no line to see him
  • You had to pay $20 to get something signed

Is it appropriate for an NFL star who makes millions to charge $20 to get something signed?!

I mean, I was there with my sister getting her boyfriends jersey signed and it cost $20 for a signature and a little message saying "To so and so".

Regardless to say he is a very nice guy, very soft spoken and doesn't say much. I still think it is ridiculous that he charges $20 for a signature...That is why there was no line... 8-o [/list]

That's not how it works... The mall or the store pays Sanders to come and do a signing there, as a promotional thing... The $20 per signature goes back to the mall to re-coup the cost of whatever they paid him to show up... That's not Sanders decision... It's mall/store management...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby gablefan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:47 am

Sanders could have the last say though. He should know the final verdict will be made about him and not the mall.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby King Colt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:49 am

I wouldn't necessarily say that Bob is a "millionaire", either. He was a second round draft pick, who will be in the 3rd year of his rookie contract.

I can't find any contract info right now, but I'd guess it's somewhere in the range of $350,000/year. Also, he had a broken leg when he was drafted, so that drove his value down a little bit as well, I think.

I'm pretty sure he'll be cashing in pretty soon, though.

Anyone have the numbers on the Hit Man?

oh yeah, and if I had an extra $120, I would get a Sanders replithetic and have him sign it.
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby King Colt » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:55 am

Ahhh - USAToday football salaries page ;-D

So in 2004, Bob had a base salary of $230,000, with an $850,000 signing bonus and roughly $1.2 million salary in total.

I guess he could be called a millionaire, but I think it's doubtful he's really got that much value stashed away.

Here's an interesting side note: in 2004, the 49ers, Bengals, and Cowboys had roughly 50% the payroll of the Redskins.
King Colt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:26 pm

Some of you are acting like it's a big shock that a player would charge for his auto. Players charging for their sigs isn't exactly something new or unique. What makes Bob's $20 graph any different from anyone else who charges at private signings? Sure, some players who are relative unknowns do have free auto sessions, even at private signings, but for a Pro Bowler to charge $20 at a private show isn't outrageous at all.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby big shot » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:33 pm

im an erie guy myself. i know he comes back to town alot there fore it would be pretty stupid to pay that much for his autograph.
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk