Music Help: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Music Help: Red Hot Chili Peppers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:39 am

I'm not a big fan of the Peppers but I think BSSM is their best album.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Guttpuppy » Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:16 am

mutantseabass wrote:Mothers Milk or Blood, sugar, sex magik

Most def.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:53 am

I love how basically every one of their CDs was mentioned. A testament to how good they have been over the years.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:23 am

I was about killed at one of their concerts years ago. I was one man back from the stage and just as the crowd shifted, someone much heavier than myself stepped on my foot. I went down and started to get trampled. At that point I said to myself, "That's cool. If this is the way I gotta go, I can't complain." I had resigned myself to being trampled to death when someone managed to pull me up. I did not see the person, so I was unable to thank them, but if he's out there, he's got my biggest thanks.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:46 am

Blood, Sugar, Sex Magik or Californiatcation ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:25 am

I like Californication the best, and Stadium Arcadium is pretty good also.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:28 am

I would go with Californication. You're probably heard several of the songs before, its my favorite album, and while Blood Suger Sex Magic is definitely the more common fan favorite, I think Californication was their most polished piece of work.

I wouldn't bother with the greatest hits, unless they released a 2nd one, because you'd be missing a lot of great stuff. If you really want to catch just about all of their best stuff 3 albums and 1 single will take care of it:

Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Californication
Stadium Arcadium (it's new, but I've been listening to the thing nonstop the past several weeks, lots of good songs)
Soul to Squeeze (single)
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:23 pm

maddog60 wrote:I would go with Californication. You're probably heard several of the songs before, its my favorite album, and while Blood Suger Sex Magic is definitely the more common fan favorite, I think Californication was their most polished piece of work.

I wouldn't bother with the greatest hits, unless they released a 2nd one, because you'd be missing a lot of great stuff. If you really want to catch just about all of their best stuff 3 albums and 1 single will take care of it:

Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Californication
Stadium Arcadium (it's new, but I've been listening to the thing nonstop the past several weeks, lots of good songs)
Soul to Squeeze (single)

Does nobody listen to their stuff before Blood Sugar Sex Magic? I saw someone recommended Mothers Milk which is probably their best album. Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Abbey Road EP are all worth checking out too. And apparently nobody likes One Hot Minute (which I agree, probably their worst album).

If you're looking to check out their older work, a good start is the What Hits compilation. It basically covers all their stuff from their origins to the early 90's.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:31 pm

ironman wrote:
maddog60 wrote:I would go with Californication. You're probably heard several of the songs before, its my favorite album, and while Blood Suger Sex Magic is definitely the more common fan favorite, I think Californication was their most polished piece of work.

Blood Sugar Sex Magic
Californication
Soul to Squeeze (single)

Does nobody listen to their stuff before Blood Sugar Sex Magic? I saw someone recommended Mothers Milk which is probably their best album. Freaky Styley, Uplift Mofo Party Plan and Abbey Road EP are all worth checking out too. And apparently nobody likes One Hot Minute (which I agree, probably their worst album).

If you're looking to check out their older work, a good start is the What Hits compilation. It basically covers all their stuff from their origins to the early 90's.

i mentioned one hot minute. there are some good songs on there, and descend was a kick ass song to throw in the car cd player and blast after the last final before the summer.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Previous

Return to General Talk