my wr rankings as of 06/18/06...gut feelings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

my wr rankings as of 06/18/06...gut feelings

Moderator: Football Moderators

my wr rankings as of 06/18/06...gut feelings

Postby louisianacajunsam » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:47 am

5 tiers...gut feelings...opinions?? ppr..pp 10 yrds..6pp td

1)t holt...me likes consistency
2)t owens...worth the gamble?
3)s smith..not quite drinking the kool aid
4)m harrison..model of consitency in offense that is gonna throw more this season
5)l fitzgerald
6)c johnson..c palmer healthy?, pulled groin?
7)a boldin
8)r wayne..see marvin harrison
9)r moss...had him the last two seasons, tired of injuries
10)c chambers
..................................................................................
11)d jackson
12)roy williams
13)h ward
14)p burress
15)s moss
16)d mason...steve mcnair
17)j walker
18)d driver
..................................................................................
19)j galloway...not drinking that kool aid either
20)rod smith
21)and johnson
22)tj housz
23)j horn
24)drew bennett...volek's man
25)d stallworth
26)l coles
27)i bruce
28)d branch
29)michael clayton
30)e kennison
31)matt jones
32)j porter
33)m muhammad
34)e wilford
35)k mccardell
36)t glenn
37)l evans
38)n burleson
39)reggie brown
40)e moulds
41)mark clayton
42)d givens
43)ant bryant
44)key johnson
45)b stokley...see harrison, wayne
46)b lloyd
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:18 am

those look pretty good. those top 5 are just all personal opinion.

my follows this way

Chad Johnson
Steve Smith
Torry Holt
Marvin Harrison
TO
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bigGAME101 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:52 am

Yes, I like those rankings too...although I find that this year the WR rankings get very cloudy after the top 7 or so players. I think most people will agree that the top 7, in whatever order, go like this: S.Smith, C.Johnson, TO, Holt, Harrsion, Fitz, Boldin, and then Moss should surely be in there around the end. After that, however, there are so many question marks that I think drafting a no.1 WR after those 8 are off the board will be a huge headache (not to mention drafting a no.2).

Anyway, I like the rankings, and agree that Holt definately deserves a spot near the top due to his consistency.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby smackthefirst » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:01 pm

Pretty good again. I agree the top 7 (or 8 or 9 depending on Wayne/RMoss) re the same for most with the actual order just being different. Aside from that I would only make a few changes.

DJax should either be up a tier or Chambers should be down a tier. I think these 2 are the flipping point between the top WR's and the second tier guys.

Walker should be moved down IMO. Plummer is no Favre, not even an old Favre. Couple this with the facts that Walker is coming off injury, is on a new team (one that likes to run), and is still going to have to contend with RSmith; and Iwould knock him down a couple spots.

I also think RBrown and Lloyd should be bumped up a tier. I think RBrown could emerge as a nice target for McNabb and be the primary guy to try (I said try because we know he won't completely do it) and fill the void from TO. And Lloyd should emerge as a consistant WR in Washington assuming Brunell remains at QB. If Campbell comes in, then all bets are off.
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics ExpertEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Re: my wr rankings as of 06/18/06...gut feelings

Postby FFCoppola » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:59 am

[quote="louisianacajunsam"]5 tiers...gut feelings...opinions?? ppr..pp 10 yrds..6pp td

1)t holt...me likes consistency
2)t owens...worth the gamble?
3)s smith..not quite drinking the kool aid
4)m harrison..model of consitency in offense that is gonna throw more this season
5)l fitzgerald
6)c johnson..c palmer healthy?, pulled groin?
7)a boldin
8)r wayne..see marvin harrison
9)r moss...had him the last two seasons, tired of injuries
10)c chambers
11)d jackson
12)roy williams
13)h ward
14)p burress
15)s moss
16)d mason...steve mcnair
17)j walker
18)d driver

Holt probably will see a slight dropoff without Shotgun Martz at the helm. I'd put TO first (by quite a bit), then Smith, Holt, Harrison, Johns, and Randy Moss relatively mixed up between 2-6. 7-10 is Wayne, Chambers, Boldin, and Fitz. So I agree with the top 10 generally.

I'd say below that... Javon, roy Williams, and Santana Moss are all too high. I'll believe Kitna when I see it, Javon is splitting catches from Jake Plummer with Rod Smith, and I'll never believe in Mark Brunell.

As far as sleepers, I'd mention Lee Evans, Reggie Brown, Eddie Kennison, and Houshmandzadeh.
"Flowers on the Razor Wire."
FFCoppola Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby louisianacajunsam » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:41 pm

i like all of your points ff coppola....except i wont be able to will myself into taking chambers before boldin or fitz....

possibly wayne though..i think hes gonna have a very big year b/c manning will throw for more than 4,000 again...and the colts wont be as dominant as last year...

even when holt had a terrible qb at the helm last year, he still put up numbers in a ppr league...so i will struggle with him...

you may have persuaded me to think t.o., t.holt, then s.smith however
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby onnestabe » Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:25 pm

Nice rankings - Here are my thoughts...

I think tier 1 consists of 5 players - Smith, TO, Holt, Harrison, and Chad Johnson. I think that Edge and Warner will join forces to keep Fitz and Boldin from being that good this year. One of them needs to have a bad year for the other to have a good year. Same story for Wayne, I just don't think he will get the TDs this time. Chambers has the best chance to break out and jump up to the top tier, but too much depends on Culpepper coming back from injury and being good again. Randy Moss will be either really good or really bad. To be clear, I like where you have them in the rankings, but I think there is a big gap between the top 5 and Fitz, Boldin, Wayne, Chambers, and Moss.

After that, I think Kennison is too low, Santana Moss is too high for my tastes (but I understand why he is ranked there, and I think that is where he will go in most drafts), and Reggie Brown is too low - he has a ton of talent in a pass oriented offense (LJ Smith and Westy can't catch every pass).
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby biju » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:24 pm

Mark my words: Koren Robinson will be a top 15 WR by the time New Year's Eve rolls around. He is going to be the value pick of your draft this year, especially since he apparently doesn't rate wthin the top 50 WRs and is below several #2s.

I'm not saying pick him in the 3rd round, just make sure to grab him in the late middle rounds.

The first 6 WRs (Smith, Holt, TO, Fitz, CJ, Harrison) are interchangable enough but there's a quick dive after them IMO. The only one I would put back up there is Moss if he can stay healthy this year. He could end up being a steal in the 3rd round.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fantasizing » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:41 pm

biju wrote:Mark my words: Koren Robinson will be a top 15 WR by the time New Year's Eve rolls around.

we're heard that tune wayyyy too many times in the past to bite on that bait!!
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:11 pm

fantasizing wrote:
biju wrote:Mark my words: Koren Robinson will be a top 15 WR by the time New Year's Eve rolls around.

we're heard that tune wayyyy too many times in the past to bite on that bait!!

Just come back here in January. I'll be the guy holding my league trophy saying "I told you so" because I got him in the 12th round.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Football Talk