Larry Johnson Overrated? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Johnson Overrated?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:51 am

How is LJ overrated? He has more upside than Holmes. Unless you mean rating him as the #1 overall RB for fantasy, then yes, its the entire bandwagon effect. Who has the balls to draft him last year, raise your hand?

******* raises hand...........
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:41 am

Deathlok2001 wrote:How is LJ overrated? He has more upside than Holmes. Unless you mean rating him as the #1 overall RB for fantasy, then yes, its the entire bandwagon effect. Who has the balls to draft him last year, raise your hand?

******* raises hand...........

Almost everyone here at the Cafe got LJ last year in one league or another. I can't tell you how many times I read last year that LJ is a good pick from the ~7th round or later. Everyone knew Priest would get hurt, and everyone knew that LJ would produce, so stop patting yourself on the back for telling us the sky was blue last year and that you accurately predicted it.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:10 pm

Pats himslef on back. Those "experts" need to go get new day jobs.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:41 pm

Best O-Line in football+Unreal Talent+Proven Player+Great Offense= Best RB In Football

The Larry Johnson Formula

#1 in my book hands down

A healthy year means 2000 and 20 Tds in my book, the guy's just that good

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:47 pm

woohoo... too bad is is going to go number 1 in every freakin league.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hoop » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:55 pm

I think the top 3 (LJ, LT, SA) are interchangeable. All three could go as the first pick and I wouldn't argue stupidity on the person that drafted them.

Huge dropoff after these guys though.
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Crippler » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:45 pm

I took LJ #1 in my recent draft of LT because in my view, he is a much more solid player.

Last year, LT had a few INSANE games at the beginning, scoring with rushes, receptions and even passes. I thought he was going to demolish every team I faced by himself!

....the came the middle of the season. All of the sudden just numbers dropped, to the point of not knowing whether to start him or not, and getting burned when I did. All the while, SA and LJ were racking up 4x as many points as him weekly.

When I drafted my team I was looking for a more solid RB that I know I can count on each week, not one who is capable of putting up 300 yards with 4 TDs one week and 89 yards 0 TDs later in the season.

**If LT gets hurt again, it will be a guessing game as to whether or not to start him each week. If he doesnt perform well one week it could ruin my season with a loss in the playoffs. And with San Diego relying on him for SO MUCH in the early part of the season with Rivers still learning, he will take a major beating in the first half of the season. He can only carry the offense for so long until he collapses.

There was one major aspect of LJ that put him above LT in my mind. He has the best handcuffs of anyone. If LJ goes down with a broken spine in the first game, I still will have drafted Priest Holmes 'just in case'. So I lose Larry Johnson? That sucks, but its not going to ruin my season like losing SA or LT would. I'll have one of the best RunningBacks in the last 5 years as my new starter!

I see people posting that LJ is only good when he has fresh legs, and in the same post they argue that Priest will take carries away from him! I wouldnt mind a few carries every once in a while being stolen if it makes LJ fresh come playoff-time.

When it comes down to my #1 pick its LJ all the way. I feel more comfortable with him leading me into the beginning of the playoffs, and I also think that when handcuffed to Priest Holmes his risk factor goes WAY down.
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:59 pm

Priest Holmes has not even been cleared to practice! The mans a cripple.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PlayingWithFire » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:03 pm

Deathlok2001 wrote:Priest Holmes has not even been cleared to practice! The mans a cripple.

still could be a factor. Larry Johnson has by far the highest upside of the 3(Alexander, LT and LJ. Portis? Who are you kidding? Watch it. Portis will be the Deuse McAllister of this year) as shown by the brilliant streach he puts up at the end of the year. But we don't know how he'll handle a whole season of action yet and we don't know how a new offensive coordinater will change the offense(my guess is hardly at all but we'll see). In a keeper, LJ should most definitely be taken #1 but in a redraft, if I have a solid plan going in, I would play it safe and draft LT #1, Alexander #2 and LJ after that.
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Deathlok2001 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:10 pm

Jesus Christ! I could be a factor in the KC backfield, its possible BUT highly unlikely! So it is with Holmes.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk