Steelers' Santonio Holmes Charged w/ Domestic Violence - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Steelers' Santonio Holmes Charged w/ Domestic Violence

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby BrutallyHuge » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:31 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Should fit right in with the other felons. I've heard 10% of the roster already hawked their rings to buy yayo.

Ok, I'm old and naive. Did you mean mayo? What is yayo?

You gotta watch Scarface, man! Yayo = Nose Candy = Blow = That Sweet White Powder that I Crave = Cocaine!
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:39 pm

BH is such a BA.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 8:22 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:Should fit right in with the other felons. I've heard 10% of the roster already hawked their rings to buy yayo.

Ok, I'm old and naive. Did you mean mayo? What is yayo?

You gotta watch Scarface, man! Yayo = Nose Candy = Blow = That Sweet White Powder that I Crave = Cocaine!

How many times have you seen scarface, Huge? good movie but I just watched it once.

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby mysticphysh » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:59 pm

Burress isn't a bust. He was productive while he was here, he is productive in NY. The only reason Pitt let him go is because they couldn't afford both him and Ward and they chose their more steady WR instead of the big play receiver.

Holmes might be acting like an idiot (keeping in mind all these charges have not been proven...Innocent until proven guilty), but to call him a bust before he even gets on the field is ignorant.

IF he is found guilty on both charges, they're minor and he'll get little more than a slap on the wrist and will be on the field come Sept.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Lung » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:17 pm

mysticphysh wrote:Holmes might be acting like an idiot (keeping in mind all these charges have not been proven...Innocent until proven guilty), but to call him a bust before he even gets on the field is ignorant.

The Steelers are not known for players with "character issues." They have learned that such players have not been productive in the past. There's a reason they didn't draft Lendale White - for the same reasons: questions about his character and maturity.

Cowher won't hesitate to keep a player out for such reasons. Trading up and spending a high draft pick on a player that doesn't see the field because of these character issues can only be described as a bust pick. Ignorance is defined as "lack of knowledge" and I resent that implication that I have displayed such. :-t
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:17 am

The Lung wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Holmes might be acting like an idiot (keeping in mind all these charges have not been proven...Innocent until proven guilty), but to call him a bust before he even gets on the field is ignorant.

The Steelers are not known for players with "character issues." They have learned that such players have not been productive in the past. There's a reason they didn't draft Lendale White - for the same reasons: questions about his character and maturity.

Cowher won't hesitate to keep a player out for such reasons. Trading up and spending a high draft pick on a player that doesn't see the field because of these character issues can only be described as a bust pick. Ignorance is defined as "lack of knowledge" and I resent that implication that I have displayed such. :-t

Yeah I know the meaning of the word which why I used it. Nothing personal, I just think it's waaaay to early to be calling him a bust. Plus, as others have agreed with me, Burrus wasn't a bust.
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:21 am

He figured if he put his girlfriend in the hospital he would have a chance to visit his QB at the same time.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:50 am

portisfan24 wrote:He figured if he put his girlfriend in the hospital he would have a chance to visit his QB at the same time.

Oh Portis fan ... you cold as ICE!

That was cooooooooold blooooodeeeeddd...

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Popcynical » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:53 am

mysticphysh wrote:
Popcynical wrote:Isn't that the same Cowher quote from the first arrest?

Cowher said then.

They were referring back to what Cowher said after the miami thing...

Ah, okay. Didn't catch that :-)
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk