My birthday is coming up... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My birthday is coming up...

Moderator: Football Moderators

My birthday is coming up...

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:36 am

...and I don't really know what to ask for. My parents always make me write out a list of like 10 things and then they pick from it. My grandma always gives me $100 on my birthday. It's really weird, she's not rich or even close to it, but she continues to give me and my bro 100 bucks on our birthdays. So money is usually not something that i 'ask for'.

I dig sports video games. I have a PS2, Gamecube, and a Nintendo DS...the GC will probobly be taken with my bro when he goes off to college this fall so I am looking more towards DS and PS2 games. I want a soccer game but I have no idea which one. I'm going to ask for NFL Head Coach, looks like a great game to me.

I don't ever get huge stuff like a car or a game system. I've never had trouble with what to get until this year. Music I never ask for. I download alot of my music and whatnot. Movies are nice. I like Star Wars and LOTR. My dad has the whole LOTR set and i have Episodes IV, V, and VI of Star Wars. X-men is also a fav of mine but 3 is not out yet.

Serious answers please. No hookers or drug money.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:52 am

Strippers and beer! ;-D

Ok, ok, sorry. Couldn't resist. O:-)

Have you got a DVR (Digital Video Recorder)? Those are nice, and if you tell your parents you'll chip in the $100 from your grandma, that might be a really good option for you.

Guessing you've got a good MP3 player? If not, those are relatively cheap, yet more money than you might want to spend on one, which would make a nice gift.

Hope that helps some. :-)

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jayday » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:11 pm

Madison wrote:Guessing you've got a good MP3 player? If not, those are relatively cheap, yet more money than you might want to spend on one, which would make a nice gift.

Oh no, you haven't heard his iRiver speech :-P :-D

I agree on the DVR and the Head Coach game....I actually just started a topic on it, it looks pretty cool....
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:14 pm

Those ESPN Mobile Phones look pretty sweet.

I don't know all the specs, but I heard it automatically updates you on all of your fantasy teams. :-) ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:38 pm

i'd just ask for money anyway and put it in a savings account if there's nothing you want now
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: My birthday is coming up...

Postby citybirds27 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:...and I don't really know what to ask for. My parents always make me write out a list of like 10 things and then they pick from it. My grandma always gives me $100 on my birthday. It's really weird, she's not rich or even close to it, but she continues to give me and my bro 100 bucks on our birthdays. So money is usually not something that i 'ask for'.

I dig sports video games. I have a PS2, Gamecube, and a Nintendo DS...the GC will probobly be taken with my bro when he goes off to college this fall so I am looking more towards DS and PS2 games. I want a soccer game but I have no idea which one. I'm going to ask for NFL Head Coach, looks like a great game to me.

I don't ever get huge stuff like a car or a game system. I've never had trouble with what to get until this year. Music I never ask for. I download alot of my music and whatnot. Movies are nice. I like Star Wars and LOTR. My dad has the whole LOTR set and i have Episodes IV, V, and VI of Star Wars. X-men is also a fav of mine but 3 is not out yet.

You can always download that too ;-D Fifa soccer is a good soccer game.
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:47 pm

citybirds27 wrote:
Dirt Bag wrote:...and I don't really know what to ask for. My parents always make me write out a list of like 10 things and then they pick from it. My grandma always gives me $100 on my birthday. It's really weird, she's not rich or even close to it, but she continues to give me and my bro 100 bucks on our birthdays. So money is usually not something that i 'ask for'.

You can always download that too ;-D Fifa soccer is a good soccer game.

I don't usually download movies...takes too much time and their pretty cheap nowadays...

Oh, and about the DVR...

My dad yoinked an old computer from their work that was going in the trash...he let me mess with it. I got a program that records TV shows, I think it's called Wonder TV or TV Wonder or something. It takes out commercials too. Has a TV Guide built into so easy to scroll through and find shows you want. It r0x0rz serious s0x0rz.

I also have it hooked to the TV nearby so it broadcasts to the TV so it's just like a DVR, I think not sure what the capabilities of the DVR are.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: My birthday is coming up...

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:50 pm

Dirt Bag wrote:Serious answers please. No hookers or drug money.

ok then....Prostitutes and Stolen money

but really, i just burned the new FIFA 2006 World Cup soccer game for xbox and it is a just wicked, since you were inquiring about a soccer game....i really reccomend it.

also do you have a digital camera? i hated taking photos my whole life, but i got this sweet ass digital cam a month ago and whenever me and the boys hang out we take hella cool party pics....maybe somthing to think about?
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:01 pm

Wow ... 100 bucks from your grandparents? I have grandparents that ARE kind of well off and I only get my age ... that's how it's been since I was a kid. Now, 20 dollars next year ... cash money! :-)

FIFA is great, and NFL HC looks bomb as Hell too.

However, if you want to pool your money together, ask your parents for Best Buy money or something ... put it with your grandparents money and spring for a 360. You may have to spend some yourself, but I'd say it's worth it.

And Happy Birthday, whenever it is.

;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:15 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:i'd just ask for money anyway and put it in a savings account if there's nothing you want now

I like this idea, trust me you will want that money to help you buy a few things in a few years.....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Next

Return to General Talk