PC Game - NFL Head Coach - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

PC Game - NFL Head Coach

Moderator: Football Moderators

PC Game - NFL Head Coach

Postby jayday » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:53 am

I just found this game after seeing it previewed on tv....It looks pretty cool, it's definitely a different breed of game....It's a sports strategy game.....

You are basically the Head Coach/GM/Owner all in one....You run practices, play calling, drafts, contract negotiations, and try to build a dynasty....The difference is you do not actually control the players, the plays are simulated.....

During practice you can rip your players for not doing their job, or you can try to motivate them with compliments....

Anyway, this game definitely isn't for everyone, but with us all being FF nuts I think this would be right up most of our alleys....Check it out here

Discuss ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Twisted Sister » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:09 pm

I'll download the demo tonight... interesting, but on the surface sounds like a Madden Franchise with more Franchise options and no gameplay.

It would be really cool to have FF teams matches online. Draft your team and pit it against another FF owner... coach vs. coach. You wouldn't have to worry about BS madden gameplay cheaters or glitches (hopefully).
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:40 pm

it sounds pretty cool, but it seems like something that would get boring after about 2 hours
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dirt Bag » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:50 pm

I can't wait for this to come out...

I'm sure it won't be as great as it sounds but it just seems like something that I would LOVE...

w00t.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:51 pm

We HAVE been discussing it ... for quite a while.

Check the VG forum. Too lazy to get a link.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:53 pm

Well there goes sleeping at night for me. That looks cool ;-D Nice find jay

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:09 pm

Here's one of the links (there's actually two threads).

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=223657

And here's the IGN link. Browse as much as you can through the features ... plenty of screenshots, playing diaries, features, developer interviews, etc. Trust me ... if you're interested in this game, it's worth it. I linked the demo download from the forums as well about a week ago. But don't post in the forums ... just a bunch od freakin' mo-mos. :-B

http://pc.ign.com/objects/776/776738.html

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby PackerAttack84 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:35 pm

I don't think this game is going to be interesting too enough people. Most people want to juke right and then spin out of a Ray Lewis tackle with LaDanian Tomlinson rather then drafting James Trueblood #25 of Maryland and then run the same play in practice for 10 minutes. I'm sure there will be those people that absolutely love this game, but what 12 year old is going to want to buy this game and then there will be a lot of older people who I will look cool too, just not cool enough for the price tag. I agree could get very boring quickly.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Knicks4ever » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:07 pm

I wonder if this game is actually going to be realistic unlike the franchise mode in madden. Hopefully you wount be able to trade ur late 1st rounder and late 2nd rounder for the 1st pick every year, player will actually develope into starts, maybe some of the young players besides kickers and punters inprove past say a 90, and not be able to sign any player u want by just giving them a bigger siging bonus, if the game is actually like that, i might have to give it a look.
Knicks4ever
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Ranker

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:45 pm

Knicks4ever wrote:I wonder if this game is actually going to be realistic unlike the franchise mode in madden. Hopefully you wount be able to trade ur late 1st rounder and late 2nd rounder for the 1st pick every year, player will actually develope into starts, maybe some of the young players besides kickers and punters inprove past say a 90, and not be able to sign any player u want by just giving them a bigger siging bonus, if the game is actually like that, i might have to give it a look.

You give a first AND a 2nd for #1? Man, you're gettin' screwed.

What I do is the week before the trade deadline, I look for the ream with the worst record. If its a tie, I look for the team with the crappiest people, who I think will maintain their crappiness.

No matter how well your team is doing the computer will ALWAYS VALUE YOUR PICK HIGHER during the season. In fact, trading my one 1st round pick, I can usually get a high 1st, the guy's 2nd and also a 4th round draft pick.

Cheap? Hell yeah. But it works.

no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to General Talk