I just got a job!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

I just got a job!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:03 pm

Congrats on the new job. Sounds fun. I agree with investing the max that the company will match, 6%. You'd get the most value for your investment.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby no1cowboysfan » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:05 pm

Congrats on the job, dude. I know I'm scared s***less about finding work once I'm out of here ... damned impacted field. :-°

Anyways, I'd go with what these guys are saying ... as much as you can afford without putting yourself in the "Ramen Zone." Why not milk the company for all its worth? ;-D
Image

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 5255
Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: From Diego to tha bay ...

Postby J2thez929 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 7:12 pm

Congrats on the new job! Its funny actually because I just set up my 401K yesterday. My company, KeyBank, match 100% up to 6% so I opted to go for all 6%. Like the others said, put around 75% in moderate-higher risk options and the rest at your choice. I went for 75% in moderate to high risk Growth funds and the other 25% in lower risk bond type investments.

Congrats again ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8041
Joined: 6 Nov 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: C-Town, OH - Dawg Bone Country

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:14 am

I don't want you to think you are listening to a broken record, but YES invest the 6%. You won't miss it, cause you never had it. I'm still kicking myself for not starting it my first year. $33k in 9 yrs. I didn't start it until my 4th year. Just think how much more I would have.
Image
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4620
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Time to FEED THE BEAST!

Postby mikus » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:53 am

ironman wrote:Nice, is that the same Intergraph that makes GeoMedia? We're supposed to be getting a license for it soon. It'll be nice to have another GIS program at my disposal. Right now I just use ArcGIS.


Yep ... the same Intergraph that makes GeoMedia.

Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. ;-D
Image
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4658
Joined: 20 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Previous

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:08 hours
(and 42 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact