First Sig - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

First Sig

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

First Sig

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:37 pm

This is the first sig i have ever tried so please i need alot of feed back im not very good with my program either so if anyone is good with adobe photoshop elements 4.0 please gimme so tips with that

Image
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby RocketsDWM » Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:52 pm

I would try to make the background a little bit darker and make the words stand out more. Great first sig though!
Image
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3457
Joined: 9 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatonepoorkid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:36 pm

k i'll see what i can do and please people feedback i've got like 30 veiws but one response i wanna get better but i need to know how
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby washamur » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:30 am

I can't tell if you made a border for it or not, there's a portion of it that doesn't look like you did.

Remember: Border's add the "finished" look ... besides the text, I would say it is one of the most important parts of the sig.

Easy way to apply a border:

(If using Photoshop)

Create New Layer
Move it to the top, if not already there
Click - Select > All
Click - Edit > Stroke
1 px > Black > Inside

... and ... walla! Simple, yet effective border.

As far as the sig goes ... I would try some lighting effects on that background as well as darkening it.

Work with some brushes and shapes to get your desired effect.

Go Here: DeviantArt.com - in the search blank, type: Grunge Brushes or Fractal Brushes or Tech Brushes etc. (you get the idea).

When you find the brush you like, click download to desktop.

If the file comes up as a .abr extension - just choose to save it to : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes

Same thing as if it's a .zip file - just extract to that location - or whereever your PS file is located.

Hope some of this helps ... good luck, and great start!
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Postby bojanglesmn » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:54 am

washamur wrote:I can't tell if you made a border for it or not, there's a portion of it that doesn't look like you did.

Remember: Border's add the "finished" look ... besides the text, I would say it is one of the most important parts of the sig.

Easy way to apply a border:

(If using Photoshop)

Create New Layer
Move it to the top, if not already there
Click - Select > All
Click - Edit > Stroke
1 px > Black > Inside

... and ... walla! Simple, yet effective border.

As far as the sig goes ... I would try some lighting effects on that background as well as darkening it.

Work with some brushes and shapes to get your desired effect.

Go Here: DeviantArt.com - in the search blank, type: Grunge Brushes or Fractal Brushes or Tech Brushes etc. (you get the idea).

When you find the brush you like, click download to desktop.

If the file comes up as a .abr extension - just choose to save it to : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes

Same thing as if it's a .zip file - just extract to that location - or whereever your PS file is located.

Hope some of this helps ... good luck, and great start!


What he said. :*)
bojanglesmn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 453
Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: MN

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:12 am

washamur wrote:I can't tell if you made a border for it or not, there's a portion of it that doesn't look like you did.

Remember: Border's add the "finished" look ... besides the text, I would say it is one of the most important parts of the sig.

Easy way to apply a border:

(If using Photoshop)

Create New Layer
Move it to the top, if not already there
Click - Select > All
Click - Edit > Stroke
1 px > Black > Inside

... and ... walla! Simple, yet effective border.

As far as the sig goes ... I would try some lighting effects on that background as well as darkening it.

Work with some brushes and shapes to get your desired effect.

Go Here: DeviantArt.com - in the search blank, type: Grunge Brushes or Fractal Brushes or Tech Brushes etc. (you get the idea).

When you find the brush you like, click download to desktop.

If the file comes up as a .abr extension - just choose to save it to : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop CS2\Presets\Brushes

Same thing as if it's a .zip file - just extract to that location - or whereever your PS file is located.

Hope some of this helps ... good luck, and great start!


ok thank you for the advice and here is a question is there somewhere i can go to download new text the text on this program is just really boring and not exactly what im looking for
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:49 am

thatonepoorkid wrote:ok thank you for the advice and here is a question is there somewhere i can go to download new text the text on this program is just really boring and not exactly what im looking for


dafont.com

And it might be boring because it's Elements. I haven't used that before but I know Tha Rock does and what he can do with it seems more limited than Photoshop CS2.
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 532
Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thatonepoorkid » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:33 pm

chargersfan36 wrote:
thatonepoorkid wrote:ok thank you for the advice and here is a question is there somewhere i can go to download new text the text on this program is just really boring and not exactly what im looking for


dafont.com

And it might be boring because it's Elements. I haven't used that before but I know Tha Rock does and what he can do with it seems more limited than Photoshop CS2.


i found a font i really like but where do i save it?
Image
thatonepoorkid
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Graphics ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1790
Joined: 16 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I can't dance

Postby chargersfan36 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:49 pm

For mac I wouldn't know. For PC:
Unzip the files
Copy them
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Fonts
Paste
chargersfan36 Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 532
Joined: 2 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby washamur » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:53 pm

chargersfan36 wrote:For mac I wouldn't know. For PC:
Unzip the files
Copy them
Start>Settings>Control Panel>Fonts
Paste


.. or ..

C:\WINDOWS\Fonts

;)
Image
QB-BigBen Delhomme Edwards Quinn
RB-LJ Gore DMAC CJohnson Slaton
WR-Driver Chambers Bowe Brown
TE-Gates
K-Prater
5-IDP's
washamur
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 676
Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: West Texas

Next

Return to Fantasy Logo & Avatar Requests

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 11:50 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact