Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:11 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:ive never understood all the hype behind it...never found it very humorous, and im really not even that picky when it comes to humor. :-?

Well, when you've had Kyle Boller and Kordell Stewart as your quarterbacks for the past several years, you do kind of need to develop a sense of humor. :-D

LOL so true bro ;-D

looks like this season i finally wont be waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats yelling things like "NO BOLLER!!! DONT THROW IT!!!!!" :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:15 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
deluxe_247 wrote:ive never understood all the hype behind it...never found it very humorous, and im really not even that picky when it comes to humor. :-?

Well, when you've had Kyle Boller and Kordell Stewart as your quarterbacks for the past several years, you do kind of need to develop a sense of humor. :-D

LOL so true bro ;-D

looks like this season i finally wont be waking up in the middle of the night in cold sweats yelling things like "NO BOLLER!!! DONT THROW IT!!!!!" :-b

Heh, of course you realize Steve "Always Hurt" McNair is playing for you now. Let's just hope he plays through the pain, bro. :-b
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:26 am

ill take a broken mcnair over a healthy boller all day long ;-D :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:26 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

LOL so true bro ;-D

Unless McNair gets hurt.

Deluxe wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Dallas hasn't had an all-star stable of QBs either, you know. Bledsoe's OK though. :-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Re: Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Postby lmcjaho » Tue Jun 20, 2006 3:13 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:This is an honest query. Everytime I see/hear a clip of his comedy, I am flabberghasted as to why this man is employed. He is simply NOT FUNNY. AT ALL.

I'm sorry, if you can't laugh at LtCG doing his bit about edible undies you need help.

He is definitely the weakest link in the Blue Collar gang though...
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby logan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:48 am

not in the least. and everytime i hear git r done i want to bite that persons face .
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:51 am

Dear God no...it's like the lowest common denominator of comedy.

David Cross, who's basically his polar oppisite, has a hilarious letter to Larry on his webiste Bobanddavid.com...i wont post the link because there are some bad words, but if you like Cross and hate Larry, it's a riot
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:02 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Dear God no...it's like the lowest common denominator of comedy.

David Cross, who's basically his polar oppisite, has a hilarious letter to Larry on his webiste Bobanddavid.com...i wont post the link because there are some bad words, but if you like Cross and hate Larry, it's a riot

Yeah I've read that. Its pretty good. Larry is a tool.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:13 am

I wouldn't call myself a fan of LTCG, but I have laughed at some of his stuff, but not the stuff on TV. The thing is, he is really a very dirty comic, but you can't see any of that come through on TV, since they have to censor it - especially for the Blue Collar crowd. It's not just cursing, it's also the subject matter - he just can't do his funny material on TV.

I heard some of his uncensored stuff on satellite radio, and laughed at some of his bits, but the only way you will get it without satellite radio is by buying an album, and he's not funny enough to buy an album.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:29 am

I don't watch much stand-up anyway, but I watched one with Larry and I thought he had a couple funny parts.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk