Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:35 am

Most of his stuff cannot be shown on regular TV. I bust a gut at some of his stuff. and just like other comedians some of it is not funny.

His comedy is an aquired taste I guess. I grew up in the hills of WV and know some people very similar to those he talks about. I guess that is part of what makes it so funny to me.

so I guess it is 1 for and 100 against
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dirt Bag » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:14 am

no.
Dirt Bag
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Postby jayday » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:11 am

I'm a big fan of all the Blue Collar guys, Ron White being my favorite by far though...

Is Larry overrated? Yes.
Have I laughed at Larry's jokes? Of course.

You aren't going to get all of Larry's material if you haven't lived through some of his material....Same as I'm not going to understand all of a Chris Rock's jokes because I haven't lived through all of the material he's talking about.....

no1cowboysfan wrote:His comedy involves the same cliche metaphors over and over and throws in a racist remark as well.

If you can't laugh at fat, fart, and "easy" jokes as well as some about different races then you aren't going to find Larry funny.....Simple as that....But that isn't all his act is, he gets on topics like politics, religion, and relaionships as well.....

I'm sure you've laughed at Richard Pryor and Dave Chappelle's racist white jokes though....As have I, Chappelle's Clayton Bigsby bit had me in tears....It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life!

Do you have the same hatred towards Chappelle's Show, South Park, Family Guy, Mind of Mencia, etc? They have crude, racist humor as well and make fun of everyone just as Larry does.....If Larry was up there doing black joke after black joke as his only material, then yea there might be a problem....

Do you consider Carlos and Dave racists? I don't....They are poking fun at the ridiculous stereotypes society projects to us....A racist is someone who believes his race is superior and wishes harm on another race....These aren't qualities that Larry, Dave, or Carlos displays....

In the end...It's just comedy, there is a channel-changer or an off switch on your TV or radio....You don't like it, fine....Don't watch.....I hate The View, so I don't watch it :-D
Last edited by jayday on Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby awwchrist » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:53 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:Dear God no...it's like the lowest common denominator of comedy.

David Cross, who's basically his polar oppisite, has a hilarious letter to Larry on his webiste Bobanddavid.com...i wont post the link because there are some bad words, but if you like Cross and hate Larry, it's a riot

sincerely, thank you.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:19 pm

He's alright, like jayday said I think he's overrated. My favorite of those guys is Jeff Foxworthy. I find him absolutely hilarious and then I also watch the Colbert Report and the Daily Show sometimes.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:11 pm

finally i have some people that agree w/ me. I hate watching him. I love all the other guys on the comedy tour. Fart joke after fart joke just get old

Funniest standups Dave Chapelle and Jamie Foxx, if you have never seen foxx do a stand up...your missing out...chris rock is good too.

Again about the racist thing....im from the south and all my favorite comedians are black...comedy is comedy...its meant to poke fun at stuff...alot of people take it too seriously
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:14 pm

i would rather have teeth pulled.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:19 pm

moonhead wrote:i would rather have teeth pulled.

Hmm, how did I know that this would be your response :-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:41 pm

I cant stand his punch line.

I would rather watch Dane Cook or Chapelle.
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:09 pm

Larry was on local Orlando radio for years as just a bit guy. I was shocked when he made it famous.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk