Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:13 am

onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Some of the funniest race humor today comes from Carlos Mencia. He's tv show is mildly funny, but his stand up puts me near tears at times. He spends most the time with mexican jokes (which he is) so when he goes off to other races, its not vicious... its race humor, not racist humor. There's a difference there. If Carlos Mencia's No Strings Attached plays on comedy central again, you guys got to check it out. ;-D

carlos mencia is not mexican. he's not even hispanic.

I thought he was from Honduras or Guatemala :-?

i heard he's armenian or something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Mencia
wikipedia wrote:Ned Arnel Mencia (born October 22, 1967), better known by the stage name Carlos Mencia, is a comedian, writer, and actor. He was born seventeenth of eighteen children in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

;-D

I refuse to adhere to the facts. The man is clearly Thai. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:19 am

knapplc wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
mysticphysh wrote:Some of the funniest race humor today comes from Carlos Mencia. He's tv show is mildly funny, but his stand up puts me near tears at times. He spends most the time with mexican jokes (which he is) so when he goes off to other races, its not vicious... its race humor, not racist humor. There's a difference there. If Carlos Mencia's No Strings Attached plays on comedy central again, you guys got to check it out. ;-D

wikipedia wrote:Ned Arnel Mencia (born October 22, 1967), better known by the stage name Carlos Mencia, is a comedian, writer, and actor. He was born seventeenth of eighteen children in San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

;-D

Well, no one claimed wikipedia is a reliable source. I actually just added that little bio to their database a few minutes ago to support my claim. I'm surprised no one called me out on it. I mean really, who has 18 kids? ;-7 }:-) :-D
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:24 am

onnestabe wrote:
knapplc wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:

;-D

Well, no one claimed wikipedia is a reliable source. I actually just added that little bio to their database a few minutes ago to support my claim. I'm surprised no one called me out on it. I mean really, who has 18 kids? ;-7 }:-) :-D

catholics. :-D ;-)
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:27 am

moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
knapplc wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:
onnestabe wrote:
moonhead wrote:

;-D

catholics. :-D ;-)

Not all Catholics. My Aunt and Uncle are Catholic and they only have nine children. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Does anyone find Larry the Cable Guy funny?

Postby jayday » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:27 am

no1cowboysfan wrote:Prime example (obviously not the only one ... just one that I've heard more times than I care to). On a Comedy Central commercial, Larry says "I went down to Florida and caught a Cuban. I didn't even know that was a fish!"

Like I said before, I think Larry is overrated and that definitely wasn't his best joke....Even I didn't laugh at that one :-b.....I suggest you listen to his bits on relationships, the edible panties, etc....

As an example: I find Dane Cook funny, but I think he is overrated as well....If you take away his over-the-top stage energy, he isn't as funny....There are all types of things you can pick apart from different comedians....

I really don't think Larry will last much longer in the national mainstream, he'll become more of a regional deal, so you won't have to worry about him ;-)
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby bagobonez » Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:13 pm

I think he's pretty funny, but it might be because he reminds me alot of my uncle. Like someone else was saying in this thread, if you haven't lived his comedy, then you won't find it that funny. I've lived around a bunch of rednecks like Larry, so I find it pretty amusing.

His bit about how ugly the flight attendant was is outstanding.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk