What should I use? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What should I use?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What should I use?

Postby mystykoekaki » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:33 am

I'm this years commissioner of a Yahoo! redraft league. I got all my settings situated just fine except for the QB settings. How should my QB settings be arranged so that it is fair against my WR/RB settings? My WR/RB settings are: 10 yards(rushing or recieving) = 1 pt, Touchdown = 6 pts. I have thought about this question so hard and still no direct answer.

50 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 6 pts?
50 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 4 pts?
25 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 6 pts?
25 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 4 pts?
other?

Please explain why you would set your QB settings, I'm very interested in people's opinions and also to give my league to answer if they ask why the settings are the way they are. Thanks!
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby no1cowboysfan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:48 am

My personal favorite are 25yards/1, and 4pt/1TD. This makes the QB a valuable part of the offense, but still gives you reason to draft RB first, not throwing off the usual fantasy drafts too much.

My second favorite is 25yd/pt, 6pt/TD leagues. This actually makes the QB usually better than the RB, but because of value, RB is still drafted first. Also, if QBs get hurt, replacements can be sought on the WW.

The other two systems devalue the QB too much ... so I think in terms of realism, they shouldn't be used.

My $ 0.02. ;-D

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby hoop » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:05 pm

I like 25/4 as well for the same reasons listed above.
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:08 pm

no1cowboysfan wrote:My personal favorite are 25yards/1, and 4pt/1TD. This makes the QB a valuable part of the offense, but still gives you reason to draft RB first, not throwing off the usual fantasy drafts too much.

My second favorite is 25yd/pt, 6pt/TD leagues. This actually makes the QB usually better than the RB, but because of value, RB is still drafted first. Also, if QBs get hurt, replacements can be sought on the WW.

The other two systems devalue the QB too much ... so I think in terms of realism, they shouldn't be used.

My $ 0.02. ;-D

Exactly what I would have said ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 73)

Re: What should I use?

Postby The Lung » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:23 pm

mystykoekaki wrote:50 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 6 pts?
50 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 4 pts?

These settings de-value quarterbacks too greatly. Depending on your other league settings, QBs can become almost an afterthought as compared to RBs and WRs.

mystykoekaki wrote:25 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 6 pts?

This setting can place too much emphasis on the QB spot. Imagine if Peyton Manning has another season where he throws for 40+ touchdowns and over 4000+ yards. The guy with Peyton Manning on his squad could win his head to head matchups nearly every week despite minimal contribution from the rest of his roster .

mystykoekaki wrote:25 passing yards = 1 pt, Touchdown = 4 pts?

This seems to achieve the best balance.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Return to Football Talk