whats the latest on Thomas Jones? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

whats the latest on Thomas Jones?

Moderator: Football Moderators

whats the latest on Thomas Jones?

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:18 am

Anyone have any idea what the latest news is? Are there teams showing interest? If he doesnt get traded, then his value this year is crap, as it looks like chicago is leaning towards benson being the starter week one.

Even if he does get traded, are there even teams who need a starter, or is he likely to end up in a RBBC situation.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:12 am

He won't be traded, nor will the Bears bend on any of his demands. It's just not Angelo's style. Jones is still holding out, but I fully expect that to end soon. I also believe any fantasy value he may have had is now gone. He effectively ruined two players with this whole thing. He will likely split so much time with Cedric that neither will be worth anything more than a flex player on occasion. On the upside, Nathan Vasher has returned to camp and voiced his displeasure over the Bears not even negotiating his contract, but has stated that from here on out it's all about "team". Big plus for that D to get him back, and I hope they wise up and do something for the kid before the relationship is too badly damaged, ala Javon Walker.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby J_rob_the_ Baller » Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:21 am

yeah, thats basically what I thought.

People are spending good picks on both those guy expecting jones to be traded, in which case they would both be in good fantasy situations. Without a trade, they split carries and both diasapoint.

"He walks amoung us, but he is not one of us."
J_rob_the_ Baller
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Deathlok2001 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:18 am

I 100% disagree. Da Bears did not waste a 1st round pick & all that $$$ on Benson to have him split carries. He is Da Man in Chicago! Thomas is just insurance. SLowly, whether he likes it or not, he will give the reins over to Benson.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bigGAME101 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:00 am

Deathlok2001 wrote:I 100% disagree. Da Bears did not waste a 1st round pick & all that $$$ on Benson to have him split carries. He is Da Man in Chicago! Thomas is just insurance. SLowly, whether he likes it or not, he will give the reins over to Benson.

"the reins" you speak of will be carried by more than one runner. Chi-town is a run first, run second, maybe pass third offense, and as long as that is the case, Benson and Jones will be relied upon heavily in that system.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Deathlok2001 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:11 am

Yes, and Benson is teh man.
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:36 pm

i see this situation being a headache all season, unless someone gets injured
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bagobonez » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:36 pm

Yes, even when Benson was drafted Lovie Smith stressed the importance of having two good running backs on your team. Of course he could have been saying that so he wouldn't step on Thomas Jones' toes, but as much as the Bears rely on the run game, I can definitely see RBBC.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:52 pm

i dont see how Benson wont be the full time back once the season gets under way. with the Jones holdout situation and His tendency to get injured i wouldnt be surprised to see Cedric with a good amount of carries. Even if they both split duties there are enough carries to go around in that offense to make both backs worthwhile options.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Deathlok2001 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:09 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:i dont see how Benson wont be the full time back once the season gets under way. with the Jones holdout situation and His tendency to get injured i wouldnt be surprised to see Cedric with a good amount of carries. Even if they both split duties there are enough carries to go around in that offense to make both backs worthwhile options.

Hell yeah! After all, its Da Bears!...... pass the bratwurst!
Deathlok2001
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk