Carolina Hurricanes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Carolina Hurricanes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Carolina Hurricanes

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:06 pm

Just wanting to vent here. Ive lived in NC all my life and i really dont like bandwagon fans. Well if u havent heard the hurricanes won the stanley cup last night and all these apparent die hard hurricane fans are coming out of nowhere. Really just pissing me off. Thats all i heard today, hurricanes this and hurricanes that ...blah blah blah...It wouldnt bother me if i had heard them mention the team in the past six years, but nope....sorry just venting
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:15 pm

I wanted the Oilers to win really bad, they made it into the playoffs by 1 game and blew through the competition and almost won 4 NHL final games with their backup goaltender....

gotta say they sure didnt come out playin in game 7, Carolina deserved it in last nights game PERIOD....oh ya, it shouldnt have even been 2-1 halfway through the 3rd, it should have been 3-1, that one chip shot that the oiler forward stopped in the goal with his hand was over the line....either way was a great series.

Glad to see Hockey back in Action, the year off was the best thing they ever did.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:15 pm

try being a yankees fan. :-°
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Alkaholik » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:34 pm

I get your point DelhommesFan, i hate that when you are a hardcore fan of a team, even when that team is a lost cause for a few years and plays terrible, your still there every step of the way with them while everyone else talks bad about them and could care less about the team......but once they come out of the cavern and have a good year, every damn person goes out and buys a full clothing line of that team and acts like they are their #1 fan all the sudden.......trust me, being a seahawk fan and standing by them every step of the way when they didnt make the playoffs for 20 some damn years to what they have done in the last 3 years...... i know!
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby jayday » Tue Jun 20, 2006 5:52 pm

It happens man....But that happens to every team in every sport that wins the championship.....The Steelers, Hurricanes, White Sox, and either the Mavs or Heat are all gonna have bandwagoners because they're the hot teams now.....The Bengals even had their share this year after having the kind of season they had....

Just look at it this way, for every finnicky bandwagon fan you pick up, you are probably picking up a fan that will be a fan for life ;-D
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:18 pm

Man, there is nothing I hate more than bandwagon fans. IMO, it takes away from the purpose of having a favorite team.

I am from NC and have followed the Canes from the start. I was very happy to see them win, especially for all the vets on the team.

Brind'Amour
Wesley
Weight

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby moonhead » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:25 pm

what's a hockey, anyway?
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:51 pm

moonhead wrote:what's a hockey, anyway?

:-b
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: -1)

Postby A2theIzzo » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:56 pm

jayday wrote:It happens man....But that happens to every team in every sport that wins the championship.....The Steelers, Hurricanes, White Sox, and either the Mavs or Heat are all gonna have bandwagoners because they're the hot teams now.....The Bengals even had their share this year after having the kind of season they had....

Just look at it this way, for every finnicky bandwagon fan you pick up, you are probably picking up a fan that will be a fan for life ;-D

Haha, once Shaq came to Miami, all of a sudden there was so much pride for the Heat ;-7

Makes me mad as a Laker fan. }:-)
A2theIzzo
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RocketsDWM » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:57 pm

Same thing happened in Boston after the 04 World Series win. Tony Massaroti (a Boston Herald writer) recently wrote about it:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=141843
RocketsDWM
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicGraphics ExpertEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to General Talk