that redsox thing is good...man i hate bandwagon fans
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mutantseabass » Tue Jun 20, 2006 8:14 pm

Its lonely on the Lions bandwagon :-b

It happens in every city though, the same thing happened with the WIngs here in Detroit. I used to be able to get Wings tickets with no problem, they won a cup and standing room only was hard to get.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PackerAttack84 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:29 pm

RocketsDWM wrote:Same thing happened in Boston after the 04 World Series win. Tony Massaroti (a Boston Herald writer) recently wrote about it:

http://redsox.bostonherald.com/redSox/view.bg?articleid=141843

I'm a pretty big Red Sox fan, but I don't really consider myself a bandwagoner because I've like then since I can remember, 2003, Grady Little did not make me very happy.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mysticphysh » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:34 pm

When I meet new people and talk about football, and when I tell them I'm a Steelers fan, I have to always get in the fact that I've been a Steelers fan since I was in Middle School a.... :-°
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Carolina Hurricanes

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:41 pm

DelhommesFan1 wrote:Just wanting to vent here. Ive lived in NC all my life and i really dont like bandwagon fans. Well if u havent heard the hurricanes won the stanley cup last night and all these apparent die hard hurricane fans are coming out of nowhere. Really just pissing me off. Thats all i heard today, hurricanes this and hurricanes that ...blah blah blah...It wouldnt bother me if i had heard them mention the team in the past six years, but nope....sorry just venting

I know exactly how you feel. I live in Raleigh, and all of these huge canes fans have emerged from nowhere now that the canes won the cup. There are so many people who gradually caught on during the playoffs, and now they are self proclaimed die hards who claim to diligently watch every game of the regular season....
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby knapplc » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:43 pm

moonhead wrote:try being a yankees fan. :-°

Try being a Cubs fan. Just wait until they win the Series (hopefully in my lifetime). Then you're going to see the whole world turn Cubbie Blue - but those of us who stuck with them as FANS (not the beer-swillers in the bleachers but people who actually follow the team) will probably hate it.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dolfin99 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:52 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Its lonely on the Lions bandwagon :-b

It happens in every city though, the same thing happened with the WIngs here in Detroit. I used to be able to get Wings tickets with no problem, they won a cup and standing room only was hard to get.

It takes a lot of pride to be a fan of a subpar team and stick with them. But.....the Lions are looking a bit better. This season will tell.
Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig.
Dolfin99

EditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby portisfan24 » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:52 pm

Ugh every idiot in Canada was suddenly an Oilers fan. I hate the Oilers and am not going to cheer for them because "They are are the only Canadian team left." (I heard that one at least 100 times).
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:24 am

I do not like the bandwagon types either. I can't imagine there is a huge following of hockey in the Carolinas where it doesn't snow a whole lot.

I knew a few hockey fans up here who wanted to see the Oilers win up this way because of the "Canada" argument. I just chose to say, "I really don't have any interest in either team, so I just want to see a good series." Most times I do not randomly pull for some team...I mean, I'll say who I think is going to win (I said Carolina would win in this case), but I just watch the game once my team is eliminated.

At least we did get to see a very good series that managed to go the full seven games...it's just like the Super Bowl when that happens. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:51 am

mutantseabass wrote:Its lonely on the Lions bandwagon :-b

True on both accounts. I have been a Wings fan and watched their games all the time even in the early 80s when they had to give a car away at each home game to get fans into the arena. Now you can't move without someone thinking they are a bigger fan and know everything about the team.

At least you have some company here in the cafe for the Lions MSB....its kinda like group therapy will all the Lions fans here
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk