Carolina Hurricanes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Carolina Hurricanes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:44 am

mutantseabass wrote:Its lonely on the Lions bandwagon :-b

It happens in every city though, the same thing happened with the WIngs here in Detroit. I used to be able to get Wings tickets with no problem, they won a cup and standing room only was hard to get.

actually made me hate the Wings. loved them growing up, but during the 98 season i just couldnt stand it anymore and have been rooting against them ever since
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:10 am

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:try being a yankees fan. :-°

Try being a Cubs fan. Just wait until they win the Series (hopefully in my lifetime). Then you're going to see the whole world turn Cubbie Blue - but those of us who stuck with them as FANS (not the beer-swillers in the bleachers but people who actually follow the team) will probably hate it.

yeah i am more of a cubs fan than anything else. the national league is how baseball should be played. stupid DH. anyway, my dad is a yankee fan, so i grew up with that. so if someone asks me, i say NL or AL? anyway. ryne sandberg is still my hero.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:48 am

GO CANES! WOOO THEY RULE!

GO HEAT! WOOO THEY RULE!

LET"S GO DRINK SOME BEERS AND WATCH AROUND THE HORN! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:04 pm

knapplc wrote:
moonhead wrote:try being a yankees fan. :-°

Try being a Cubs fan. Just wait until they win the Series (hopefully in my lifetime). Then you're going to see the whole world turn Cubbie Blue - but those of us who stuck with them as FANS (not the beer-swillers in the bleachers but people who actually follow the team) will probably hate it.

Why wait for the World Series? Their run in 2003 brought every frat guy a-hole out that had supposedly been a fan all along. Suddenly it was cool to cheer for the Cubs, when most of them really just sit in the bleachers like zombies and drink.

It breaks my heart to see the Cubs playing like they are right now. But maybe this will weed out all the posers for next year.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:05 pm

Also if you're bitter about the Carolina bandwagon people. Just remember there is an entire New England community that's even more bitter. ;-)
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:26 pm

ironman wrote:Also if you're bitter about the Carolina bandwagon people. Just remember there is an entire New England community that's even more bitter. ;-)

Hartford ;-)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:01 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:

It happens in every city though, the same thing happened with the WIngs here in Detroit. I used to be able to get Wings tickets with no problem, they won a cup and standing room only was hard to get.

actually made me hate the Wings. loved them growing up, but during the 98 season i just couldnt stand it anymore and have been rooting against them ever since

I hated all the corner stands that were all of the sudden selling shirts and flags.

I used to love to ask people who the wings goalie was before Vernon/Osgood, that always got people.

Watch out the Tigers bandwagon seems to be picking up some steam. All of the sudden people seem to notice my Tiger hat and are actually making good comments on it. Never seemed to get a whole lot of positive comments on it before. :-?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:04 pm

Those Tigers are rolling! ;)

The Twins are picking up steam though. It looked like they weren't earlier this year but Liriano coming in gave a little spark and the hitting has come around. I was suprised when I saw the standings that we were ahead of Cleveland.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:34 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

I hated all the corner stands that were all of the sudden selling shirts and flags.

I used to love to ask people who the wings goalie was before Vernon/Osgood, that always got people.

Watch out the Tigers bandwagon seems to be picking up some steam. All of the sudden people seem to notice my Tiger hat and are actually making good comments on it. Never seemed to get a whole lot of positive comments on it before. :-?

oh god, the flags were what really did it.

i hear ya about the Tigers, i liked when i didnt have to wait in line to use the john at a game. oh well, it's been so long since they've been good i can tolerate it for a bit
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:35 pm

mutantseabass wrote:I used to love to ask people who the wings goalie was before Vernon/Osgood, that always got people.

Wasn't it Tim Cheveldae(sp?)? I'm not sure. I haven't played NHL 93 in ages. ;-)
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk