Hey, that's mine! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

Hey, that's mine!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Hey, that's mine!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:56 am

Posted on Tue, Jun. 20, 2006

Man tries to pay with bartender's checks

Associated Press

STATESBORO, Ga., - A 21-year-old Georgia man was arrested after trying to buy drinks with a checkbook he found at a bar. Unfortunately for Jody Brian Minor of McRae, the checkbook's owner was the bartender serving him.

Minor was arrested on theft and forgery charges early Saturday morning, Statesboro Police Detective Terry Briley said.

He was "extraordinarily intoxicated," Briley said. Minor is out on bond, and his case will go before a grand jury in August, Briley said.

Minor was at Dingus Magee's bar when he found a checkbook and began paying his tab with it, Briley said. One of the bar's employees realized the checks belonged to a fellow bartender Hubble Beasley, who called police.

Briley said Minor's father has paid the delinquent $129 bar tab.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:59 am

You'd think Jody would be a girls name :-?
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:03 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:You'd think Jody would be a girls name :-?


i have an uncle thats named jody.
Image
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 6525
Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: South Stadium

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:04 pm

Sheesh. Drinking and theft are not a good combo. :-o
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Re: Hey, that's mine!

Postby ShoelessJoe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:13 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Posted on Tue, Jun. 20, 2006

Man tries to pay with bartender's checks

Associated Press

STATESBORO, Ga., - A 21-year-old Georgia man was arrested after trying to buy drinks with a checkbook he found at a bar. Unfortunately for Jody Brian Minor of McRae, the checkbook's owner was the bartender serving him.

Minor was arrested on theft and forgery charges early Saturday morning, Statesboro Police Detective Terry Briley said.

He was "extraordinarily intoxicated," Briley said. Minor is out on bond, and his case will go before a grand jury in August, Briley said.

Minor was at Dingus Magee's bar when he found a checkbook and began paying his tab with it, Briley said. One of the bar's employees realized the checks belonged to a fellow bartender Hubble Beasley, who called police.

Briley said Minor's father has paid the delinquent $129 bar tab.


You better be extraordinarily intoxicared if you're spending $129 at a bar!
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Re: Hey, that's mine!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 12:28 pm

ShoelessJoe wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Posted on Tue, Jun. 20, 2006

Man tries to pay with bartender's checks

Associated Press

STATESBORO, Ga., - A 21-year-old Georgia man was arrested after trying to buy drinks with a checkbook he found at a bar. Unfortunately for Jody Brian Minor of McRae, the checkbook's owner was the bartender serving him.

Minor was arrested on theft and forgery charges early Saturday morning, Statesboro Police Detective Terry Briley said.

He was "extraordinarily intoxicated," Briley said. Minor is out on bond, and his case will go before a grand jury in August, Briley said.

Minor was at Dingus Magee's bar when he found a checkbook and began paying his tab with it, Briley said. One of the bar's employees realized the checks belonged to a fellow bartender Hubble Beasley, who called police.

Briley said Minor's father has paid the delinquent $129 bar tab.


You better be extraordinarily intoxicared if you're spending $129 at a bar!


eh...not if it's for 2 or more people
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 7054
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: being a fan of the worst franchise in the NFL

Postby moonhead » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:13 pm

i spend 129 routinely at the bar. and then move on to the next one!

what a chump. his dad had to come pay the bar tab. that's funny. not only is my son a lush, he's an idiot and a theif.
Image
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 15994
Joined: 16 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby mysticphysh » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:15 pm

I live very near STATESBORO, Ga.....and this does not suprise me......at all.....
Image
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 3465
Joined: 30 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:06 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:
WickedSmaat wrote:You'd think Jody would be a girls name :-?


i have an uncle thats named jody.


I believe it, but it's weird how the mind works. When I was reading it I read Jody and was thinking it was a girl....
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8165
Joined: 1 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:46 pm

Ha. That reminds me of a time back in high school when my buddy and I went to buy a keg of beer. He had this ID he found of some 22-year old guy that looked just like him. Anyway, the customer service guy looks at the ID and figures out its not him, so he tells us to wait there while he calls security. We try to bolt but two managers stop us at the door.

So we end up in the loss-prevention office awaiting the police to arrive. When they get there one of the officers takes a look at the ID and it recognizes the guy as her frickin' cousin! Just a funny coincidence.

Oh yeah, we got off on a warning. My buddy was heading to basic training for the army in a couple weeks and the other cop was in the Army Rangers. He opted to let us go since charging him would've created a lot of red tape in getting him to basic training on time.

We then proceeded to the Kum & Go that never ID's people and bought 5 cases of beer. Ahh, to be 17 and stupid again!
Image
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 805
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 28 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Dubuque

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 10:00 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact