LenDale serious about winning starting job - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

LenDale serious about winning starting job

Moderator: Football Moderators

LenDale serious about winning starting job

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 21, 2006 1:02 pm

Appears his hammy is better as he's been taking part in team drills. He still needs to get in shape but for the next month until training camp starts he's hired a personal trainer to pound him into shape. Sounds like Brown has a serious challenge on his hands. Are we gonna see a clearcut winner emerge from training camp or are we likely to see some degree of RBBC for the first month or so (or even the full season???).

See: http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index ... s_id=50559
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby louisianacajunsam » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:44 pm

cris browns a very good running back when healthy....

so yes, if he's healthy, you should see a rbbc b/w brown and white.....

interesting note/question???????????

does anyone think travis henry might get cut/traded??...if he would end up in denver, man, that would cause some confusion amongst us fantasy ballers to who the starter would be there
louisianacajunsam
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby hoop » Wed Jun 21, 2006 2:47 pm

I think Brown gets the nod as a starter considering he has more time in the league and Lendale is a rook and coming off an injury.

Giving Lendale time to recover and watch/learn would not be a bad thing. If and when Brown goes down though my guess is Lendale gets the starting job and keeps it for a loooong time.
hoop
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:04 pm

i think we'll see some RBBC, especially if Henry stays in the mix. Brown cant seem to stay healthy either

overall, it's a Fantasy RB situation i want to distance myself from unless i can get any of them real late
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:11 pm

A vote for RBBC. As of this point the situation is too murky for them to be on my list of viable options. Things could change and we could see a clearcut winner, but I think the only way that happens is if 1 gets hurt.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby biju » Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:21 pm

Well, Chris Brown is only under contract for 2006. Travis Henry is under contract until 2009 and I'm pretty sure they haven't officially inked White yet.

I would be willing to bet that moving Travis Henry is not something they want to do unless he's injured yet again this year. They probably use Brown this year in a RBBC with LenDale to get him up to speed and then let Brown go to FA and have White take over the full operaton with Henry as a backup. If that's the case I'm going to look at White in the late rounds because I don't believe Chris Brown can stay healthy for a full year.

But then again they could just as easily go RBBC between Brown/Henry and have White be the short yardage/goalline back which makes everyone totally useless.

I still remember Travis Henry being a force in Buffalo and he seems to have been hampered by injuries lately. If he can stay healthy he might be someone to watch...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:00 pm

I'm leaning towards White as a solid late round pick, thinking you could get him around the 11th or so and that would be nice value. There's a pretty good chance he will start at least a few games this season, and there is a slight chance he gets in there early enough to break 1,000 yards and win offensive rookie of the year. Definitely like him over clearcut backup RBs.. looks to me like a Mcgahee type situation (not comparing him to mcgahee), where Tennessee wants to get him in there asap if it's possible.

The vibe I'm getting from the Titan's front office is that Chris Brown will be gone after this season if not before this season, and Travis Henry is nothing more than an afterthought/last resort. They want Lendale in there if he can display the goods consistently leading up to the season, and the want the same thing out of Vince Young. Fresh faces for the Tennessee franchise will be the theme for 2006 (or least late 2006).

I think come August, Lendale will see his value tick up into the middle rounds as the positives out of camp and the preseason are just too overwhelming to ignore. Of course he could be out of the league in 4 years, but he's still only a late round pick at this point.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:43 pm

As some other posters have said, Henry seems to be set in the backup role, with potential for an injury-related starting role. If everyone is healthy, Brown should start. BUt according to sources stated around the Cafe and other, it seems like Tennessee is trying to shop Brown before he becomes a UFA after this year. To me that says 2 things: first the Titans don't plan on retaining him and/or he does not want to resign in TEN; and secondly that the Titans have another plan in motion, something that involves another runner. Evidently, that appears to be LenDale White, who has loads of talent and half a brain. In any event, White is the future at RB for the Titans...trying to guage when that stint will begin is another adventure entirely. If I had to guess, I would say he takes over by midseason if Brown is on the roster, and that he takes over right away is Brown is traded pre-season. In a dynasy league, his value is very good IMO, but in a redraft I wouldn't take him until about round 7 or 8 at the highest.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:50 pm

Here's an update on the battle:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=r ... &type=lgns

I found one with a little more detail:
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index ... s_id=50589
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Crippler » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:07 am

I dropped White from my squad today with the recent news. I think the chance of him becoming a factor in fantasy football this year are too low, especially with the new news. I'll let someone else take the long-shot and pick up a better bench RB.

"Cincinatti leads the league in 'Johnsons'" - John Madden

$$$ Leagues $$$
ChaunFL: 11-5 *2nd Place*
BGKFL: 15-1 *Champion*
Dirty Dukes: 12-5 *2nd Place*
Win %: 77.55
Crippler
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)