Zach Hilton - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Zach Hilton

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:34 pm

I'm not drinking the Zach Hilton kool-aid. But I agree his upside is not to be dismissed. Taking him in the late late rounds would be an okay option, but don't reach for him before round 10. I suppose the fact that Brees is there helps his case, but I think that it was Gates who made Brees shine, and not the other way around.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:04 pm

I don't think Hilton will end up on any of my teams without a Donte Stallworth trade.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:14 pm

stomperrob wrote:They did sign Mark Campbell from the Bills so is he gonna figure into the mix too???

Also traded for Tim Euhus. I don't really know what any of this means, but I don't see Hilton being a major factor in the offense unless he gets a lot better and someone goes down to injury (this is more likely than the getting better thing).

I think he is too deep of a sleeper this year to use a draft pick on in a redraft, but I think the value is there late in dynasty league drafts.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:16 pm

I'm pretty high on Hilton this year. The guy is 6'8" and looked great when he got some time last year. I'm not worried about the number of touches to go around because the Saints defense is still awful and the offense will still be throwing all half long in the 2nd half of games.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby My team is injured » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:51 pm

I'd only take him as my second tight end in leagues requiring 2 tight ends or leagues with 1 starting TE but a large bench.. no way he's more than a decent sleeper/late round pick at this point..

I also am still sour over drafting a New Orleans tight end 2 years ago after missing out on witten a couple picks earlier.. then again, I drafted dallas clark instead of todd heap last year in one league despite being high on heap and not caring about clark the whole preseason... I blame that mistake on being hungover at my draft..
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby The_Dude » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:59 pm

I, like Bagel, am a little more optimistic about Hilton - however, given the depth at TE this year, in a 10 team redraft league where you start 1 TE, he probably will/should go undrafted. But, definitely a player to keep an eye on. One good week and I'll sweep him off the wire faster than you can say blueberry pie.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:26 pm

The_Dude wrote:I, like Bagel, am a little more optimistic about Hilton - however, given the depth at TE this year, in a 10 team redraft league where you start 1 TE, he probably will/should go undrafted. But, definitely a player to keep an eye on. One good week and I'll sweep him off the wire faster than you can say blueberry pie.

Blueberry pie, bagel...mmmmmmm! Too many food mentions in one post!

I don't know about Hilton that much. He's big, at 6-8, but I haven't seen him play at all. He probably won't get drafted, but there's plenty of sleeper TEs like him every year that just don't seem to pan out. Still, if I need a TE, he'll be one of my quick targets.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Crimedogg32 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:04 pm

Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:12 pm

From my sleepers article:

Though wide receivers have a large role on your fantasy team, it’s the tight end position that’s been stealing the show the past few years. We’ve seen players like Antonio Gates, Jason Witten, and Chris Cooley become fantasy studs, but there are still more budding stars waiting to be plucked from obscurity. One such player is New Orleans Saints tight end Zach Hilton. With Aaron Brooks and Todd Bouman throwing the pigskin, Hilton enjoyed a nice run late in the season. Five games in December and January produced 21 catches for 255 yards for an impressive 12.1 yards per catch. The addition of former Chargers quarterback Drew Brees should help elevate Hilton’s game when you consider how much Brees utilized the tight end position in San Diego. Brees helped make a star out of Antonio Gates. Perhaps he’ll do the same for Zach Hilton.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/2006/tips_barrel.php
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: Zach Hilton

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:56 pm

mutantseabass wrote:What are your thoughts on Hilton?
Hes a huge target at 6'8" 268. He is by no means slow for his size. Finished the year last year strong with at least 3 receptions in 6 of the final 7 games. He had 5 games with 4 or more receptions and had 50 yards or more four times with one Td. Brees is a major upgrade in the QB dept and with Bush, Horn and Deuce drawing all the coverage it could open things up for the big guy. I really like his chances this year and could be a nice late round pick both in dynasties and re-drafts.

haven't I seen this before.......

great potential,,,waiver wire pickup/fodder
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Previous

Return to Football Talk