Jaguar's WR's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Jaguar's WR's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Jaguar's WR's

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:54 pm

With Smith out of the picture, what is the fantasy value of Wilford, Williams and M Jones this year??? Wilford would appear to have the inside track on the #1 spot but who will #2 be and what kind of numbers can we expect to see from their top 2 WR's this year?
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby whodey#9 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:56 pm

I think Matt Jones is gonna have a huge year this guy is a freak (Randy Moss)... so now that hes had time to learn how to play WR he should start putting up some FF points
whodey#9
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:13 pm

Wilford will probably benefit the most this year, but Matt Jones is the long term replacement and if he succeeds could be nearly unstoppable.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigGAME101 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:19 pm

I think a lot of people will be surprised at the role that Reggie Williams will have. I know he is widely regarded as a perennial underachiever, but he has always seemed to impress in training camp. If that be the case again, I look for him to be one of the main targets. I think the success of Wilford during the past couple of years has less to do with his talent and more to do with both the lack of WR productivity overall, and opposing defences focusing in on Jimmy Smith and the run game (both of which have taken hits). I do like Matt Jones potential, however. While I don't think this will be his year to break out, I foresee him taking on the no.1 role in time if JAX doesn't pursue another WR via trade (which I see as a very likely scenario still).

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby onnestabe » Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:18 pm

There you go - three different people gave you three completely different answers. Everyone has their theories as to who will benefit most from Smith's retirement, but it is a very hazy picture right now.

And at the risk of ruining the small amount of credibility I have here, I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if Marcedes Lewis ends up being the big fantasy winner when all is said and done.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:57 pm

None of them will put up #1 numbers but I think that Jones and Wilford are good bets to put up #2 or #3 type numbers. Somewhere around 700-900 yds and 4-7 TDs. Marcedes Lewis is interesting and I would be tempted to take a late round flyer on him if I didn't land one of the big name TEs.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Philly Pride » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:17 pm

Matt Jones is going to be the big winner IMO. Reggie Williams is the sleeper, but Ernest Wilford could reclaim the #2 role if he plays like he did at the end of last year.
Philly Pride
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Plindsey88 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:45 am

onnestabe wrote:And at the risk of ruining the small amount of credibility I have here, I will say that I wouldn't be surprised if Marcedes Lewis ends up being the big fantasy winner when all is said and done.

This was precisely what I was about to post...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:53 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:None of them will put up #1 numbers but I think that Jones and Wilford are good bets to put up #2 or #3 type numbers. Somewhere around 700-900 yds and 4-7 TDs. Marcedes Lewis is interesting and I would be tempted to take a late round flyer on him if I didn't land one of the big name TEs.

I agree with this. One of the 2 WR will come out as the clear cut #1 at some point in the season. Probably not till towards the end of the season. I would give the advantage to Jones because Lefty and jones looked like they developed some chemistry last year and he has been put in the #1 spot so far in the mini camps.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:44 am

bigGAME101 wrote:I think a lot of people will be surprised at the role that Reggie Williams will have. I know he is widely regarded as a perennial underachiever, but he has always seemed to impress in training camp. If that be the case again, I look for him to be one of the main targets. I think the success of Wilford during the past couple of years has less to do with his talent and more to do with both the lack of WR productivity overall, and opposing defences focusing in on Jimmy Smith and the run game (both of which have taken hits). I do like Matt Jones potential, however. While I don't think this will be his year to break out, I foresee him taking on the no.1 role in time if JAX doesn't pursue another WR via trade (which I see as a very likely scenario still).

what's that, #3 WR? not that suprising

Jones
Wilford

Williams
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk