So you have the first pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So you have the first pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:20 pm

LukeW9027 wrote: LT dies out every year in playoff time

One time....ONE TIME.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby LukeW9027 » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:30 pm

Free Bagel wrote:

One time....ONE TIME.

you're right, my mistake. sorry to all lt lovers.

Also i think that rivers will struggle and it will impact the performance of LT

The Future is here
LukeW9027
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: "In Greek Mythology,The Titans were even greater than the gods" Coach Boone

Postby The_Dude » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:36 pm

LukeW9027 wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:

One time....ONE TIME.

you're right, my mistake. sorry to all lt lovers.

Also i think that rivers will struggle and it will impact the performance of LT

If memory serves, LT was still pretty good while Brees was struggling.

And I'm a homer for Shawn...

But...

That said, LJs numbers were so sick down the stretch last year that I can't NOT take him.

Weeks 9-16 (that's 8 games, half of a season), LJ ran for 1351 yards and 16 TDs... that's a great season for a first round pick who plays 16 games.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby FF Newbie » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:51 pm

I have LT in a keeper league. He's been on my roster each of the last three years and I can say, for a fact, that he doesn't flame out every year during the playoffs. In 2003, he nearly single-handedly carried me to the championship down the stretch and he was also solid in 2004. Last year was the first one in which he's done really poorly in the closing weeks of the season.

That said, in a redraft league, I'd probably lean to LJ at #1 this year. Like everyone has said, the numbers he put up as a starter are just amazing and dwarf even LT's and SA's.
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:56 pm

I take Alexander, and that's coming from a three-year LT owner. I think that SA has the least amount of question marks surrounding him right now - he has a (mostly) intact line (although the loss of Hutch is significant) and he has a very good QB who will command a lot of attention to the WR corps. He plays in a historically weak division D-wise, and he has proven himself for three or four years already (it's late and I can't remember off the top of my head).

LJ was definitely a phenom last year and I don't expect much worse from him this year. The caveat to him is that he's never done it for a full season. If he puts up similar numbers for the whole season this year like he did the last half of last year, he's my 2007 #1 without question. But this year (and maybe ONLY this year) he's #2.

LT2 is my #3. Now that Brees is gone teams are going to make the Chargers beat them with Rivers' arm instead of with LT's legs. For at least the first few weeks of the season, and even if Rivers is throwing well to start, LT is going to see a very crowded box. I can't see taking LT #1 overall with those kinds of odds, I don't care how good he is, when you could have either of the other two.

My main league is a Keeper and I have LT2 and I'm darned glad to have him, but I wouldn't hesitate to trade him for either of the other two right now.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:59 pm

I think this thread goes to show that the 3rd pick in the draft is the best spot to have this year. All of these guys could put up RIDICULOUS numbers.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Canadian Seahawk » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:11 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I think this thread goes to show that the 3rd pick in the draft is the best spot to have this year. All of these guys could put up RIDICULOUS numbers.

I was thinking the same thing ;-D
Canadian Seahawk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 Survivor
Location: Toronto, Centre of the Universe.,,I'd love some M&Ms please homeless

Postby no1cowboysfan » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:16 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:LT, he dominated with a crappy Brees and I find that there are questions with the other two. Alexander has lost Hutch and LJ hasn't played a full season and lost Vermeil and Saunders.

LT is mad consistent and you know he will be good.

Took the words out of my mouth, CC. ;-D

LT is this year's Barry. You know that with a good or bad situation, LT is there and (barring injury) he will still be an elite talent. People are freaked out about the loss of Hutch in Seattle, and the loss of Vermeil/Saunders in KC ... but LT is LT. ;-D

Yesterday, me and some friends were just shooting the breeze and started a mock (no paper, no pen ... just from memory). I picked first. I picked LT, and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:25 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I think this thread goes to show that the 3rd pick in the draft is the best spot to have this year. All of these guys could put up RIDICULOUS numbers.

Barring injury I think all three will put up pretty good numbers. Unless something freakish happens or one of these guys happens to break several long TD runs I don't think their numbers will be too far apart. It's really a conversation between who will be 1A, 1B or 1C.

The REAL question is - if you're not in the top three, who do you pick and why?
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Alkaholik » Wed Jun 21, 2006 11:46 pm

LT no doubt in a PPR league and i notch him barely out as the first for a non-ppr league too.

the guy threw for 3 td's last year on top of the extra reception td's...he is a machine.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk