So you have the first pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So you have the first pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:02 pm

Tomlinson, best overall athlete, I'm afraid Alexander won't have the fire inside him now that he got the tag and all those money.

LJ is too risky for me.
[b]Akers is the man!!!!!![/b]
PlayingWithFire
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:10 pm

I think the SeaHacks won't focus as much on SA getting the TD record so his numbers will decrease.
LT should have one of his best seasons, I don't know how much of an affect Rivers will have on his #s.
LJ has a new HC and OC, but his HC ran Marting a ton and is conservative. The numbers that LJ put up last season were obscene. I could not pass on the chance that he can come close to the second half production from last season.
LJ would be my pick in this no lose scenario.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:48 pm

I'll take LT if it is a point for reception league. He has been a beast at RB getting receptions. I don't expect that to change this year.

If no popints for receptions then LJ because of the the O-line in KC and that Preist is pretty much done now (I think).
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby citybirds27 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:17 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:I'll take LT if it is a point for reception league. He has been a beast at RB getting receptions. I don't expect that to change this year.

If no popints for receptions then LJ because of the the O-line in KC and that Preist is pretty much done now (I think).

I KNOW
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby biju » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:43 pm

Not a single person so far has mentioned any of these 3 back's games during the Fantasy Playoffs. I'll include weeks 14-16 since I have a 3 week playoff in one of my leagues.

Tomlinson:

week 14: vs. Denver
week 15: vs. Kansas City
week 16: @ Seattle

Johnson:

week 14: vs. Baltimore
week 15: @ San Diego
week 16: @ Oakland (Saturday game)

Alexander:

week 14: @ Arizona
week 15: vs. San Francisco (Thursday game)
week 16: vs. San Diego

personally I like Alexander's schedule the best. Even better is that means the Denver, Kansas City, and Oakland games (including NY Giants and Chicago) have already been played. They may need to win those ARI and SF games which means a heavy dose of SA! On top of that week's 15 and 16 are home games...

;-D

As far as consistency goes there's no way to really gauge. Each team has had their RB go for 15+ TDs in each of the last 3 seasons.

I think LT probably has the least amount of risk involved since he's been doing it with a horrible cast for years now but his ceiling is limited. LJ has the most risk but probably the higher ceiling. That's why I like Alexander this year over anyone else.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:21 am

Good call on the playoff schedules, biju. I usually do a better job of looking at those things, but I haven't gotten around to it yet this year.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Guru13 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:57 am

id go LJ, then shaun, then, and this will surprise many people, Tiki, I honestly think Tiki will put up better numbers than LT, I mean, I know that LT will get the ball more, but with rivers at the helm, the D will be all over him, and not that he wasn't there main focus last year, but last year gates was much more of a threat than he is this year, I think that tiki has the better situation, and will have an amazing year.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BrutallyHuge » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:00 am

LJ, SA, LT for me.

My league values TDs more than yards. I think LJ and SA have more TD potential.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:05 am

biju wrote:Not a single person so far has mentioned any of these 3 back's games during the Fantasy Playoffs. I'll include weeks 14-16 since I have a 3 week playoff in one of my leagues.

Tomlinson:

week 14: vs. Denver
week 15: vs. Kansas City
week 16: @ Seattle

Johnson:

week 14: vs. Baltimore
week 15: @ San Diego
week 16: @ Oakland (Saturday game)

Alexander:

week 14: @ Arizona
week 15: vs. San Francisco (Thursday game)
week 16: vs. San Diego

personally I like Alexander's schedule the best. Even better is that means the Denver, Kansas City, and Oakland games (including NY Giants and Chicago) have already been played. They may need to win those ARI and SF games which means a heavy dose of SA! On top of that week's 15 and 16 are home games...

;-D

As far as consistency goes there's no way to really gauge. Each team has had their RB go for 15+ TDs in each of the last 3 seasons.

I think LT probably has the least amount of risk involved since he's been doing it with a horrible cast for years now but his ceiling is limited. LJ has the most risk but probably the higher ceiling. That's why I like Alexander this year over anyone else.

If you want to introduce the schedule into the fray then you have to factor in the odds of these teams winning thier divisions. The C-Hacks have a decided advantage in thier division and should have it cinched by week 15 or 16. That could mean that SA has a much higher risk of having reduced stats.
KC and SD will be more likely to be in a dogfight all year and will have to have their big guns all game. Edge LJ and LT.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby ngub12 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:33 pm

moochman wrote:I think the SeaHacks won't focus as much on SA getting the TD record so his numbers will decrease.
LT should have one of his best seasons, I don't know how much of an affect Rivers will have on his #s.
LJ has a new HC and OC, but his HC ran Marting a ton and is conservative. The numbers that LJ put up last season were obscene. I could not pass on the chance that he can come close to the second half production from last season.
LJ would be my pick in this no lose scenario.

As a coach or gm, with your player in a contract year, wouldn't you want your player to NOT break the TD record so you can pay him less (of course your #1 priority is winning ball games)?
a lot of SAs tds were when they were up or within the 5 yd line.... its been that way for years with him. it seems to me hes gonna get those tds regardless of the situation.

it seems being the TD record holder would be a pretty big barganing chip to get an even more monster deal. so basically, i dont think seattle had the intention of getting me the record per se, they just executed thier regular game plan week in to week out.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk