So you have the first pick... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

So you have the first pick...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:00 pm

moonhead wrote:i'll take alexander because i rode his scoring barrage all year last year to the championship. that's why. loyalty. ;-D

and i feel like his situation has the least amount of ???

last 2 years for me...and one of the years he won me 2 leagues, so yeah, i have the loyalty/man-crush thing going too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby biju » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:14 pm

moochman wrote:If you want to introduce the schedule into the fray then you have to factor in the odds of these teams winning thier divisions. The C-Hacks have a decided advantage in thier division and should have it cinched by week 15 or 16. That could mean that SA has a much higher risk of having reduced stats.
KC and SD will be more likely to be in a dogfight all year and will have to have their big guns all game. Edge LJ and LT.

That's a good point, but also keep in mind that fighting for that first round bye could come into play too. Add in that the Seahawks are up against the AFC West this year and you might get a situation where winning the last game or two of the season means having an additional week during the playoffs to rest.

This, of course, is all contingent on them not suffering the "Superbowl loser" curse and not already being out of contention. (I doubt this will happen, but you have to throw that in there)
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:33 pm

Larry Johnson. The upside is just too ridiculous for me to not take him, and I'm too greedy to take the safest pick (which would be shaun alexander, me thinks).
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby biju » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:57 pm

disgruntledjetsfan wrote:Larry Johnson. The upside is just too ridiculous for me to not take him, and I'm too greedy to take the safest pick (which would be shaun alexander, me thinks).

He's certainly the homerun pick if he can keep up those numbers over a full season. I'm also saying Alexander merely as the homer pick. If I was actually given the 1st overall pick that homer part of me subsides quickly, but I'm not trying to get my hopes up on getting that first overall pick this year. I just hope I can land in the top 3 in one of them.

:-o
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk