Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The_Dude » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:18 pm

knapplc wrote:I know I'm in the minority with this opinion, but I think Jamal is ready to jump back up to elite status - say, the Jackson/Rudi/Edge tier. He's done rehabbing that ankle, his legal troubles are behind him, he finally has a QB that will command some respect from opposing Ds and he's only three years removed from his 2,000 yard season.

He could just as easily struggle and lose carries to Anderson, but I'm banking on a good year from him.

I don't disagree, but there's no reason to rank him in the top 10 this year based on last year's horrid performance. For your own draft sheet, you might rank him there, but with a special eye towards plindsey's previous post about VBD/your rankings versus ADP. Jamal is pretty much in a free fall and in most leagues won't get drafted before late 2nd - 4th round, approximately. In other words, you're wasting value if you pick him in the first, as you should be able to get him later than the first.

As for my own agreements/disagreements, I love Rudi Johnson's consistency, but I would not be able to pull the trigger on Rudi with Edge still on the board, even with the question marks in Arizona. I think Dom. Davis and Westbrook belong in the same tier, given that when healthy, they both are yardage machines with their combo yards, but both do have health consistency questions. I also think that Droughns belongs in the Dunn/McGahee/Jamal tier.

Generally speaking though, I think its a good list.

I am the Walrus
The_Dude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: My ivory tower, where I oversee the intellectual development of America's youth

Postby moochman » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:03 pm

The only problems I have with this list is that just don't trust JJ to get the carries that I would like from a #19 back. He could share significant time with Barber.

I have the same concerns for Dillon. He has had injury issues, is older, and has competition in Maroney. His numbers could fall off.

I don't feel that Deuce, and I feel a little sacrelegious about saying this, belongs on this list. He wasn't the old Deuce last season before his knee blew and I don't think there is anyway he will regain the burst needed for him to be successful. He could be a short yardage type guy, but I think Bush will take more than enough carries away to make Deuce a FF memory.

I have heard some disturbing news about Green, not sure how much stock to put in it since the dude telling me is a Lion fan in Wisconsin. But he says that Green won't be ready to practice when camp opens again and that he likely won't be a feature back. They might go to a RBBC to save the wear and tear on he and Davenport.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:05 pm

J_rob_the_ Baller wrote:And I dont know if I would have Rudi that high, i dont really think he is that good. And he has perry stealing carries.

Check out his stats from the last two years. Change your opinion yet?

And Plinds, those are solid ;-D Out of the top 10, I'd only bump SJax down one behind Rudi because it's not PPR.
-Wicked
WickedSmaat
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Singing songs of satisfaction toooooo the wooooooorld..... (the world).

Postby Stelly » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:11 pm

Nice list!

I'd probably move Dunn down the list. He makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Not enough TDs and touches in the red zone for my liking.
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Steve_L » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:28 pm

Nice list. I would have to say LJ, LT, SA but as said before, can debate about that forever. Only other problem I have is in none PPR having DD and Westy so high. Both of them are huge injury risks as Westy has never played an injury free season and DD hasn't either.
Steve_L
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26....

Postby Kingctb27 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:56 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Redraft... Standard Scoring... No PPR... Broken up by tier...

1) Johnson
2) Alexander
3) Tomlinson
---------------
4) Barber
5) Portis
---------------
6) S. Jackson
7) Rudi
8) Edge
---------------
9) R. Brown
10) Jordan
---------------
11) C. Williams
12) D. Davis
---------------
13) Westbrook
14) Dunn
15) McGahee
16) Jamal
----------------
17) Droughns
18) Parker
19) J. Jones
20) K. Jones
----------------
21) C. Taylor
22) D. McAllister
23) Dillon
24) Foster
----------------
25) A. Green
26) F. Taylor

I still don't see how you can't have Bush in your top 26, talent wise, he's top 5 in the league, easily.. I don't care how you think he will be used or whatever. He's worth a 5th round pick at worst.

Peace.
Kingctb27
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:04 pm

Off the top of my head:

Dunn, JJ, Mcgahee, Parker, McAllister and Droughns all stand out as being too high.

And Ron Dayne is too low.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:53 pm

Kensat30 wrote:And Ron Dayne is too low.

Didnt see that coming.
:-b
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:51 am

Umm... why 26? :-?
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:11 am

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:Umm... why 26? :-?

Because, there are 6 teams I'm not touching in the early rounds of a redraft:

San Francisco
Chicago
New York Jets
Indianapolis
Tennessee
Denver

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk