Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Redraft RB Rankings.... The top 26....

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:14 am

kingctb27 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Redraft... Standard Scoring... No PPR... Broken up by tier...

1) Johnson
2) Alexander
3) Tomlinson
---------------
4) Barber
5) Portis
---------------
6) S. Jackson
7) Rudi
8) Edge
---------------
9) R. Brown
10) Jordan
---------------
11) C. Williams
12) D. Davis
---------------
13) Westbrook
14) Dunn
15) McGahee
16) Jamal
----------------
17) Droughns
18) Parker
19) J. Jones
20) K. Jones
----------------
21) C. Taylor
22) D. McAllister
23) Dillon
24) Foster
----------------
25) A. Green
26) F. Taylor

I still don't see how you can't have Bush in your top 26, talent wise, he's top 5 in the league, easily.. I don't care how you think he will be used or whatever. He's worth a 5th round pick at worst.

Peace.

IMO, you can't say a guy who has never taken a snap in the NFL is "top-5 in the league, easily."

How many college studs have flopped miserably in the NFL? Now, I'm not saying Bush has flop written all over him, I'm just saying, that I'm not burning a top 3-4 round pick in a redraft on a guy who has never started an NFL game... Not to mention a guy who is playing behind a relatively young back with a huge long-term contract...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Not to mention

Postby FFCoppola » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:25 am

Not to mention a guy who isn't very big for an NFL back, didn't really run between the tackles in college and is unlikely to do so effectively in the NFL, and whatever his talent hasn't proven he can survive an NFL lineman tacklling him, let alone a full season of same.

Bush is more like Brian Westbrook than LT; I think he'll be a decent NFL back but the skills that make you flashy in college don't guarantee top 10 back status in the NFL.
"Flowers on the Razor Wire."
FFCoppola Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby PSU All Day » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:27 am

Good list and arranged the way I do my cheat sheet which is helpful.

Before I take a shot at F Taylor or A Green as a RB3 I might take a flyer on Jones and Benson. I think whoever wins the battle out of these two will be a top 15 back as long as it is not RBBC. I think the chances of a RBBC are not strong.

If Benson starts the season as the starter I don't think he will lose significant carries to Jones in a RBBC. Either Benson is effective or not. If he is he is the starter (and top 15 or better) or he is on the bench (and Jones is top 15 or better).

Either way I think you can use two picks in the middle rounds to get a top 15 back.
Well worth it if you start 2 RB's and have a flex position.

The later your draft is the clearer this picture will be as well so it is worth watching.

Another battle worth watching is the D Rhodes and J Addai battle. If one of these guys is a clear cut starter he will be top 10-15 as well (as long as he gets the goal line carries).

Good work!
"There are Lies, Big Lies, and then Statistics"

"Value Based Drafting is your friend!"
PSU All Day
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dan Lambskin » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:49 am

nice list. i'd maybe swap Dunn and Droughns and move Chester up to the tier with the Jonses
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Not to mention

Postby ngub12 » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:11 am

FFCoppola wrote:Not to mention a guy who isn't very big for an NFL back, didn't really run between the tackles in college and is unlikely to do so effectively in the NFL, and whatever his talent hasn't proven he can survive an NFL lineman tacklling him, let alone a full season of same.

Bush is more like Brian Westbrook than LT; I think he'll be a decent NFL back but the skills that make you flashy in college don't guarantee top 10 back status in the NFL.

As far as size goes, I have to disagree. Bush is a back who impressed with his strengh work outs at the combine. also, if you look at the average sizes of some of the better backs in the league, hes pretty much in line with them...

Tomlinson - 5'10'' 220lbs
Portis - 5'11'' 212lbs
Barber - 5'10'' 200
Cadillac - 5'10'' 217
---
Bush - 6'0'' 200

he may be a little lighter than average, but he should be just fine. i dont think that 5-10lbs should be a determent of his durability just yet...

I think you HAVE to put bush in the top 25rbs for fantasy.

however, i do agree thats its tough to say he is one of the top 5 rbs at this point as far as skill goes.

also agree that spending a 3rd or a 4th on him is too much of a risk.
ngub12
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:08 am

Like the list, personally Ronnie Brown would be higher but that's just me.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk