Germany or Florida 6/22/06 - ANSWERED! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Germany or Florida 6/22/06 - ANSWERED!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Where did the fat save the man from serious injury?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:26 am

Germany
74%
Florida
26%

Total votes : 19

Postby no1cowboysfan » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:46 pm

logan wrote:
no1cowboysfan wrote:fat people = America

fat people who still get off their ass and ride BIKES = Germany

Definitely Germany.

nice reasoning. :-D

:-b

I have other reasons too. I mostly go off of translations, and see if they line up correctly. "A spokesman for police said" raised a red flag with me. A better translation would have been "a spokesman from the police department" had it been from the USA. "A spokesman from police" makes it sound like it was changed from something else ... perhaps the German-equivlent of the police force?

'Cause I'm Cow ... Boy ... for life.
no1cowboysfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:31 pm

GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby knapplc » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:57 am

And the answer is.... GERMANY!!!!!!

I have to say, I am very impressed with onnestabe's "I read 440 pounds to be 200 kilograms" comment. That was some deep thinking, my man!

Also, I can see I'm going to have to watch how I edit these, too - no1cowboysfan is making a living off of my poor editing attempts.

I have to get more devious to confuse you guys! :-°

Here's the story:

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 440 pound German man discovered that being overweight can be good for your health -- if you get run over by a car.

German police said the extra body mass prevented the 30-year-old man from suffering potentially fatal injuries when a Volkswagen Polo drove over him after he braked suddenly on his bicycle at a crossroads and fell off in front of the car.

"It certainly helped him in this case," said Sven-Marco Claus, a spokesman for police in the western town of Gifhorn on Monday. "Someone smaller would probably not have been so lucky."

The man dislocated his hip, which local doctors put back in place, but otherwise suffered only scratches and a bloody nose from the underside of the vehicle, police said.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:03 am

Twisted Sister wrote:2) You'll also know that the cars are smaller in Europe due to smaller streets, lack of parking (cities are hundreds of years old), and fuel economy (our gas prices have only recently begun to come close... they've been paying $4-5 per gallon for years... mainly due to taxes). This guy suffered slight injuries, I'm betting it was from a small car. The standard Euro cars are an equivalent of a Mini Cooper to us in the states.

Good call on the small cars....I think that even Calista Flockhart could live through getting hit by one of these VW Polos...
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to General Talk