Sinkhole - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Sinkhole

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:14 am

Anybody else feeling very little remorse for the rich families inconvenienced by this one?

After all the major disasters in the past couple years and the thousands of people whose lives have been wrecked by them I find it hard to feel bad for someone who owns a lakeside mansion on a PRIVATELY OWNED LAKE!
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:06 am

lmcjaho wrote:Anybody else feeling very little remorse for the rich families inconvenienced by this one?

After all the major disasters in the past couple years and the thousands of people whose lives have been wrecked by them I find it hard to feel bad for someone who owns a lakeside mansion on a PRIVATELY OWNED LAKE!

So it's ok that these people are going through this simply because they may or may not be wealthy? I have to strongly disagree. Most rich people are rich because they worked their asses off to get that way. If you want to feel jealous because they worked harder to make more money than you, fine, but downplaying the significance of this disaster simply because the owners of these homes are wealthy is wrong.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby moonhead » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:51 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
lmcjaho wrote:Anybody else feeling very little remorse for the rich families inconvenienced by this one?

So it's ok that these people are going through this simply because they may or may not be wealthy? I have to strongly disagree. Most rich people are rich because they worked their asses off to get that way. If you want to feel jealous because they worked harder to make more money than you, fine, but downplaying the significance of this disaster simply because the owners of these homes are wealthy is wrong.

well put ORS. ;-D
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby Twisted Sister » Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:25 pm

hmmm, I just found a cheap piece of real estate in a rich neighborhood. Drain it and build more McMansions... or a mall.
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:22 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Since the "disaster" will mostly consist of a decline in property value due to the new lack-of-lake feature for them I find it hard to get all choked up about it, yes. Jealousy? Maybe - but compared to all the floodings and other disasters that have left people homeless in the past couple of years, calling this a "disaster" seems a bit too much hyperbole for me.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:32 pm

lmcjaho wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Since the "disaster" will mostly consist of a decline in property value due to the new lack-of-lake feature for them I find it hard to get all choked up about it, yes. Jealousy? Maybe - but compared to all the floodings and other disasters that have left people homeless in the past couple of years, calling this a "disaster" seems a bit too much hyperbole for me.

I guess it's all relative then.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby mysticphysh » Sun Jun 25, 2006 5:25 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Some enterprising Real Estate agent will just bill it as "New expanded lake, just a short walk from the back porch!"
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk